Internship, Data Scientist
United States (Remote)
We keep the world moving by keeping risk out of the way.
Everstream Analytics risk scores and predictive insights set the world’s supply chain standard, helping global companies turn supply chains into business-changing, market-shifting, competition-crushing assets. Removing the traditional blinders of traditional data – we offer more complete information, sharper analysis, and accurate predictions. Companies like Google, Schneider Electric, Unilever, and Campbell’s rely on Everstream Analytics to push their supply chains to be faster, smarter, safer, and sustainable!
What Matters Most to Everstreamers
Doing our best, no matter what challenges lie in front of us. We’re sharp, focused, determined, and as a team, we’re unstoppable. Of course, we have values like “integrity” and “honesty”—that’s a given—but our core values run deeper:
Audacity | We are bold. We break through the status quo and do what others haven’t, can’t or won’t
Grit | We get the job done and keep going, so our customers can do the same
Optimism | We have a can-do attitude, and instead of saying “no”, we figure out how
Virtue | We do what’s right, the right way—especially when it’s difficult
Solidarity | When we celebrate each other and our differences, we all do better
JOIN OUR TEAM
Everstream Analytics is looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. This position will report directly to the NLP Data Scientist Lead. As a member of Data Science, you will join a dynamic team of people focused on our next generation product. We have an exciting opportunity to help shape how we use data to build models and generate actionable insights to give our customers a risk aware supply chain which will advance outcomes for the business and the industry. This role will partner closely with Product Development, Product Management, Risk Intelligence, and Marketing.
In this role, your focus will be to develop Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) models, algorithms, simulations, and experiments that bridge operational needs with strategic vision. You will learn current processes, build data backed solutions, automate solutions, launch your work to production, and audit implementation. In the simplest terms, we want candidates who have experience building models to solve real industry problems that have been deployed in a production software environment and where the model performance was really important.
***This role is permanently Remote***
- Initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms for preliminary data exploration, data visualization and preparation, model training, and algorithm validation and verification using a comprehensive range of software packages and programming languages
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data and unstructured data sets from various sources
- Interpret and evaluate the results of data science community's methods and models and/or algorithms, understanding the limitation and scope of the results
- Respond to difficult data science-related challenges in a timely manner while effectively balancing competing priorities
- Present information and results of analysis using data visualization techniques
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree is preferred. Equivalent work experience is also acceptable.
- 1-3 years’ experience in building and delivering predictive analytics models using advanced machine learning algorithms and techniques such as: classification, outlier detection, clustering, boosting, and neural networks.
- Good scripting and programming skills with experience using Python and other packages for data analysis
- Practical knowledge in applying NLP and NLU concepts such as Topic Modelling, Topic Classification, Named Entity Recognition
- Experience with analytical development tools including libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, and Spacy.
- Self-starter with a curious attitude and a willingness to learn and master new technologies.
- Ability to act easily in a global environment, with understanding of cultural differences and behavior.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with entity resolution products or a background in data matching theory and technologies.
- Experience with more recent NLP techniques, such as Transformers or Hugging Face models
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, and Pig with experience in a Big Data environment.
- Experience developing applications in AWS.
Thanks to our remarkable people we are at the forefront of change and bringing cutting-edge products and services to market. We focus on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential. Our culture is cultivated from resiliency, responsiveness and critical thinking and are integrated into every aspect of what we do. If you share in our passion to revolutionize the supply chain industry with disruptive technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Everstream Analytics.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Tags: AWS Big Data Classification Computer Science Data analysis Data visualization Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics Model training NLP NumPy Pandas Physics Python PyTorch Scikit-learn spaCy SQL Statistics Transformers Unstructured data
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Analytics and Data ManagementA/B testing Computer Science Data analysis Data management Distributed Systems Economics Elasticsearch +13
Data ScientistClassification Consulting Engineering Machine Learning PhD Research Security +3
Career development Equity Health care Insurance Medical leave +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs