Pennsylvania - Fort Washington
Veeva SystemsVeeva Systems Inc. is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 750 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical...
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Data Engineer who is a self-starter who loves solving technical challenges and has prior experience working on a variety of data engineering projects in an energizing enterprise environment. In this role, you will be focused on building and maintaining highly scalable data platform and data pipelines for Opendata. We value end-to-end ownership, which puts you into the sweet spot of finding, designing, and implementing improvements to the product’s data pipelines as necessary.
What You'll Do
- Work on building and maintaining the next generation of Veeva Opendata data platform.
- Collaborate with Product managers and other engineers to design, build and deliver on various Opendata initiatives.
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines using Apache Spark and SQL as required for the Opendata product
- Explore and use the latest technologies in the Cloud and Data and keep your skills current while you innovate
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering in enterprise context working for top data companies.
- Deep knowledge and experience implementing scalable data solutions using Apache Spark and EMR
- Expert skills and experience with SQL
- Experience and proficiency in Python, Java and Unix scripting
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment using agile development techniques.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of data lakes, data modeling/design and databases
- Experience working with ETL, Automation and Workflow managements tools like Airflow, Informatica, Nifi, Talend etc.
- Exceptional data talent with strong communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience with Docker and containerized applications.
- Experience with implementing ML solutions (Spark ML)
- Automated testing and CI/CD
- Familiarity with Databricks and AWS EKS.
Perks & Benefits
- Annual allocations for continuous learning, development & charitable contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Coupa Software, Inc.
Senior/Lead - ETL Test Automation Engineer (Remote)Agile APIs AWS Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering +8
401(k) matching Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs