Full Time Senior-level / Expert
Are you looking to join a growing and exciting Data Science Team? If you are looking for a career opportunity with a unique organization, where your contributions matter, consider Old Dominion University Research Foundation, in Norfolk, VA, which is engaged in a unique partnership with Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (JLab, a Department of Energy national lab). As a Research Scientist of the ODU/JLab Data Science team, you will participate in data science research and development efforts focused on projects related to population health, clinical health, and coastal resilience.
We are seeking multiple Research Scientists with a PhD degree or greater in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field. The Research Scientist should have a minimum of 0 to 3 years of experience in applying statistical theory and methods to collect, interpret, and summarize data on projects related to population health, clinical health, and coastal resilience. The Research Scientist will make predictions and recommend actions based on data.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with publicly available technical libraries for data analytic (e.g., scikit-lean), deep learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large datasets and mine relevant information for use in AI/ML applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop approaches and solutions to complex problems in the forms of proposals, software, documents, or other work products.
- Proactive, highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated experience with contributing and leading tasks on major projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be able to operate computer equipment in an office or laboratory environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate and report the progress on tasks and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work on project teams.
- Peer-reviewed publication record in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Work on all elements of data science workflow (data preprocessing, analyzing data using exploratory mathematics and statistical techniques
- Generative and data reduction machine learning methods
- Anomaly/fault detection
- Causality methods
- Apply and develop methods to include uncertainty quantification for scientific research project
- Determines solutions to problems and provides clear reports on project progress and completion
- Recommends various technology options or approaches for system and processes improvements in terms of performance, efficiency, cost or safety
- Publish research results in highly visible, peer-reviewed venues (conferences & journals)
- Develop and maintain high quality software for data science projects (machine learning & uncertainty quantify)
- Interact with internal and external researchers and domain scientists for collaboration purposes
- Participate and potentially lead technical presentations on the work Other duties as assigned
To apply, visit http://researchfoundation.odu.edu/ then click on the employment tab and follow the link. Specify position #22-041. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V/DFW.
Old Dominion University Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/M/F/Disability/VETS/Drug Free). We pledge our full support to equal employment opportunity for all persons as we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Other jobs like this
U.S. FDA/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Staff Fellow - Artificial Intelligence/Medical Imaging Device ScientistComputer Science Engineering Machine Learning Mathematics Physics Research Security +2
Career development Equity Health care
Principal Applied Scientist, Personalization , Personalization and Content RecommendationComputer Science Deep Learning E-commerce Industrial Machine Learning Mathematics Predictive modeling +3
Career development Conferences
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Scikit-learn-related jobs