Machine Learning Intern (January 2023)
Toronto, Palo Alto, San Francisco, London
CohereCohere provides access to advanced Large Language Models and NLP tools through one easy-to-use API. Get started for free.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role? Ship state of the art models to production.
Design and implement novel research ideas.
Build elegant training/deployment pipelines.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Machine Learning Intern, you will:
- Design, train and improve upon cutting-edge models
- Train extremely large scale models on massive datasets
- Explore continual and active learning strategies for streaming data
- Publish your work in top-tier conferences and journals
- Learn from experienced senior machine learning technical staff
- Work closely with product teams to develop solutions
- Join us at a pivotal moment, shape what we build and wear multiple hats!
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Python and related ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, TF-Serving, JAX, and XLA/MLIR
- Experience using large-scale distributed training strategies
- Familiarity with autoregressive sequence models, such as Transformers
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated passion for applied NLP models and products
- Bonus: experience writing kernels for GPUs using CUDA
- Bonus: experience training on TPUs
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
Our Perks: 🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment 🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research 🍽 Free daily lunch 🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health 🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs