Data Engineer: Enterprise Content Management
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Application Developer – OpenText Exstream, you will work in large-scale and complex business and technical environments, experienced in managing complex structured and unstructured content solutions or initiatives.
- Define the technical strategy and plan for modeling the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to enable the development of high value solutions with business needs
- Collaborate with Analysts and Partners on requirements and solution design
- Design code based on development standards and approaches
- Perform development quality checks while providing guidance and mentorship to junior developers
- Develop new applications, forms, reports, workflows leveraging different OpenText Exstream products in the landscape
- Support with code build and deployment process
- Implement and configure OpenText Exstream from scratch
- Upgrade existing solutions to the latest supported version
- Design new and revise existing document generation processes
- Follow the specific standards of each of our customers to ensure quality control
- Assist in quality and performance testing
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 4+ years of experience in IT industry.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience on OpenText Exstream (preferable 5.6)
- Experience in at least 1 full life-cycle implementation project using Open Text Extreme.
- Working knowledge on OpenText Exstream components like Design Center, StoryTeller, Composition Center, Archiving, Post processing, Document Broker Plus etc.
- Proficient in XML input format and PDF output format; output channels like printer, archival system, email, fax etc.
- Hands-on experience working with databases like Oracle, SQL etc.
- Expertise in OpenText Exstream CCM v16 is a plus
- Proven problem solving and admin skills.
- Experience working with various module integrations with OpenText
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to perform multiple duties concurrently with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work while proactively monitoring and communicating for timely escalation of issues
- Solid understanding of the overall ECM processes and concepts (Capture, Manage, Store, Preserve, Deliver)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Consulting Oracle Research SQL