Senior Data Analyst
Scottsdale, AZ/ San Francisco, CA/ Remote
BuildZoom is the only trusted marketplace for high-value renovations and residential construction, a $250B market in desperate need of disruption. We’ve hit an inflection point and are scaling quickly; in 2021 we managed nearly $400M in projects and are doubling each year with a clear path to become the category defining platform for residential construction.
We are looking for a mid/senior level analyst to help drive our analytics efforts, as part of our Data & Analytics team. You’ll use your data savvy, tech skills, and acute attention to detail to have a huge impact across Engineering, Product, Business Intelligence, and Solutions Engineering for our array of Fortune 500 data clients. We wear many hats, and you’ll have a hand in designing & engineering features for our growing data warehouse and providing analytics and advice directly to our C-suite stakeholders and external partners.
Our team is ego-free, always learning, and can’t wait to welcome someone to the team who thinks like a customer, has a passion for the details, and communicates exceptionally well verbally and visually.
A day on the Data Team may look like this
- Design and write new SQL data transformations in our Data Warehouse using dbt to enhance BI and Product Analytics and enable new product features.
- Answer a question from our CEO about a user-driven KPI over the past 6 months. Code a quick POC of an improved metric in our BI tool.
- Dig into a data request from a Fortune 500 data partner to identify the volume of Solar Installation projects across several major cities. Iterate with their data science departments throughout a data trial.
- Produce new Product Analytics in a Jupyter Notebook for an experimental project by our Growth team.
Our Technology Stack
- Databases: Billions of rows across a complex data model - Snowflake, MySQL, Redshift, Postgres
- File Systems: AWS S3, Linux Shell
- ELT: dbt, Airflow, Amazon DMS
- BI: Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
What You Bring to the Team
- At least 2 years’ dedicated experience in a BI or Analytics role in a growing company with demonstrated success planning and executing multi-step projects.
- Meaningful experience with Data Modeling, ELT, and/or dbt.
- Strong SQL. At least 2 years experience calculating metrics with group bys, case statements, and scripting (either CTEs, temp tables, or procedural SQL).
- Exceptional professional communication (verbal, written, and visual). Open to customer-facing aspects.
- You love customers and have a history of understanding their needs and providing solutions. You think of your teammates as customers too.
- Experience with applied statistics a plus
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks / Google Colab / Pandas / Git / Geo-location tools & APIs a plus
We’re a data company at heart, ingesting vast volumes of construction and real estate data to gain deep insight into the construction marketplace. Our bleeding-edge data ingestion framework is helping us accumulate the most complete and timely data sets in the industry. On top of that wealth of data, we're building analytics capabilities and a recommendations engine that will redefine the industry. We're also building sophisticated UX workflows to support power users that include project owners, contractors, and construction engineers.
Salary Range - 100-120k USD, depending on experience.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, please contact email@example.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics, AWS Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +16
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist, Analytics and Data ManagementA/B testing Computer Science Data analysis Data management Distributed Systems Economics Elasticsearch +13
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs