Data Scientist (NLP)
London, England, United Kingdom - Remote
Builder.aiTurn any idea into tailor-made apps, websites or wearables with our easy software builder. No code? No problem. Start building your app today!
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, humble, ambitious and razor-sharp Data Scientists with varying levels of industry experience. You are someone who is passionate about technology and, even more so, about applying data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies more broadly to real-world problems. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. The ideal candidate must be a master of their domain and should be skilled at taking ambiguous business or product requirements, translating them into hypotheses, finding the right solution, prototyping their ideas and productionise their work. This individual will be fundamentally motivated by wanting to drive significant business impact through the application of their knowledge and skills. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be able to inspire and champion through influence when the need arises. We are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.Why We Need This Role
Our data scientists will be a part of the Intelligent Systems based in London/France but will work closely and collaborate with global product and engineering teams across 3 locations: London, New Delhi and Los Angeles. The Intelligent Systems team manages all of the innovation powered by data science, machine learning and AI (decision making). It is likely to witness significant growth over the course of the next year and beyond.
This team will take ownership of a whole host of different existing use cases and there is also a significant potential to test out ideas that currently are in the pure research domain. Key problems include:
- Automatic speech to text transcription of audio calls between customers, partners and colleagues.
- Extracting features and other informative entities from call transcription and documents.
- Recommending app templates based on customer’s ideas and requirements.
- Recommending features for apps based on customer’s description of requirements.
- Engaging customers and colleagues in conversation using chatbots/conversational AI to gather requirements, create buildcards, and keep them updated on project progress.
- Building custom speech recognition models to improve accuracy of speech transcriptions.
- Building custom language models to better understand the semantics in the Builder domain.
- Build models to pick customer questions and answer them automatically to create better engagement.
We are looking to expand the IS-NLP team who owns the NLP services like Template recommendation, Feature Search, Story Similarity, Feature Tagging, and Natasha. As we look to expand our service portfolio to efficiently automate Builder delivery processes, we are keen to expand the team to support our ambitions.Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that will require you to be a part of the growth of the Intelligent Systems department from the ground up. You will be working with a team of data scientists, data engineers, conversational AI engineers, and designers. The problems we face are unique, with some of them still in early stages of sustained academic research. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to apply advanced analytics techniques to a truly unique suite of products that in conjunction are aiming to automate the entire software development lifecycle.First Six Month goals
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Builder product and ISG services portfolio
- Demonstrate core technical ability by prototyping and establishing the business value of from at least one of the key aforementioned use cases
- Establish collaborative working relationships with on-site and remote cross-functional teams
- Contribute to the development and the enhancement of the data science pipeline
- An entrepreneurial and a can do attitude
- Proficient at programming in Python
- Real world data querying (SQL), data manipulation and feature engineering experience
- Experience using data science libraries Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Seaborn
- Experience using Deep Learning libraries PyTorch, HuggingFace
- Experience using NLP toolkits like Spacy, NLTK, TextBlob
- Experience solving NLP problems like text classification, named entity recognition, search, recommendation
- Experience using Github and CI/CD pipeline for automated deployment
- Experience in MLOps - setting up model monitoring and optimisation.
- Knowledge of Web services (FastAPI, Flask) to host models and services and to integrate with existing services (REST).
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to operate in interdisciplinary teams comprised of product, engineering, business and technology experts
- A PhD or an advanced Masters in a scientific discipline: Statistics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Mathematics, Physics
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Supervised Learning, Deep Learning, Probabilistic Inference, Statistical Modelling, Bayesian Statistics, Unsupervised Learning, and Reinforcement Learning
- Passionate about software development and engineering as a field
- 2-4 years of industry experience but more importantly, demonstrable experience at taking concepts and models from conception to production and quantifying business impact
- Previous experience in a consumer, product or an eCommerce business would be beneficial
- Academic research experience would be beneficial. Ability to propose bespoke and novel solution to non-standard machine learning problems
- Knowledge of and experienced at working with Docker and Kubernetes technologies
- Knowledge of and experienced at working with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
- Track record of industry recognition which could be in the form of high impact academic research outputs, contribution to high impact open source projects or performance in open source competitions such as Kaggle
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hour
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Tags: AWS Azure Bayesian CI/CD Classification Computer Science Conversational AI Deep Learning Docker E-commerce Engineering Feature engineering Flask GitHub HuggingFace Kubernetes Machine Learning Mathematics MLOps NLP NLTK NumPy Open Source Pandas PhD Physics Python PyTorch Research SciPy Seaborn spaCy SQL Statistics
Other jobs like this
Senior Data ScientistAirflow Big Data Computer Science Data Analytics Data management Docker Engineering +9
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Startup environment Team events
Senior Data Scientist with GCPAgile DevOps Docker GCP Machine Learning Open Source R +1
Career development Conferences Flex hours Health care Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs