Data Architect – Public Sector Health Data Architect, WWPS
US, VA, Virtual Location - Virginia
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing and Data Lake experience? Do you want to help Public Sector Customers deploy mission-critical data and ML solutions at scale? Are you detail-oriented and creative? Do you like to collaborate with others to achieve goals? Then this is the position for you.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on data infrastructure development for our customers. Here, you will get to work at an innovative company with talented teammates to directly enable public sector and non-profit customers – and have a lot of fun doing it! Our consultants develop and implement data analytics solutions that help our customers leverage their data to uncover business insights. Our engagements focus on building comprehensive data analytics platforms that include machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, and business intelligence.
As a Data Architect, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the global healthcare market for cloud data applications, while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will design and create data architectures and platforms to help healthcare organizations achieve their mission of better patient health. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
The AWS Professional Services Public Sector Data & ML team is primarily virtual, though there is an option to work on-site at any AWS Corporate office. Employees can live anywhere in the United States.
This position requires up to 10% onsite or travel.
This position requires the person selected be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Key job responsibilities
You will design and build data analytics applications to solve complex and ambiguous problems in the public sector healthcare and life sciences domain. You will help clarify customer business outcomes during project discovery. You will define an execution plan along with recommendations on risk resolution options and technical trade-offs. You will serve as an SME in the data infrastructure domain and continue to grow your expertise in AWS technologies. You will build technical solutions that are secure, scalable, reliable, performant, well-documented, and cost-effective, escalating risks with supporting data. You'll focus on operational excellence by implementing and integrating DevOps best practices, including infrastructure as code, automated testing, and configuration management into cloud-native solutions. You will identify and prepare metrics and reports for the internal team and for customer representatives to delineate the value of cloud applications. You will collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services. You will also participate in recruiting and mentoring internal team members.
This is a customer facing role. You may need to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and deploying a variety of strategies for ingesting, modelling, processing, and persisting data
• 2+ years of experience migrating existing on-prem data applications and/or developing new data applications using AWS cloud services
• Experience in building data management platforms with AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, and data storage principles.
• Experience in using one or more query languages (e.g. SQL, HiveQL, SPARQL), schema definition languages (e.g. DDL, SDL, XSD, RDF), and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, KornShell, Scala) to build a data solution
• Understanding of distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective, including data persistence solutions (e.g. HDFS vs RDBMS), data integration techniques (e.g. ETL vs federation), database optimization (e.g. partitioning, distribution, indexing), and join algorithms (e.g. hash vs nested loop).
• Experience in writing secure, stable, testable, well-documented, and maintainable code with minimal defects.
• Experience in creating physical data models and optimizing data pipelines
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Preferred Qualifications• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM field, or equivalent experience
• AWS Certifications, for example AWS Solution Architect Associate/Professional and Data Analytics Specialty
• Experience with data formats relevant for healthcare such as FHIR, genomics data, medical imaging data, and/or electronic health records
• Understanding of healthcare infrastructure and security requirements
• Experience with building data management solutions to support enterprise call centers, workforce management, Artificial Intelligence and CRM platforms
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
• Experience interfacing directly with customers to understand requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise customers on how to run these architectural models on AWS
• Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Tags: Athena AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Consulting Data Analytics Data management Data pipelines Data Warehousing DDL DevOps DynamoDB Engineering ETL HDFS HiveQL Lambda Machine Learning Mathematics MPP NoSQL Perl Pipelines Python RDF Redshift Scala SDL Security SQL Testing XSD
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs