Sr. Marketing Data Analyst
San Francisco, CA
HoneyBook is the leading business and financial management platform for independent small businesses. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide top-tier service at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by independent businesses across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $7B in business on our platform. Every day at HoneyBook we are on a mission to empower the independent economy to rise together, doing what they love.
We're scaling our Business Analytics team in our San Francisco office and are in search of a Senior Data Analyst to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to partner directly with our marketing and business stakeholders, providing the critical insights they need to efficiently scale our customer acquisition funnel. While our team may be small, the impact we have on the business is huge! If you're a seasoned analyst looking to make an impact, we'd love to meet you.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Improve ROI of marketing initiatives by building robust performance measurement and quantifying indirect influence of media channels.
- Deliver insights on customer conversion and value by segment and cohort to inform acquisition cost efficiency
- Analyze multi-channel acquisition paths and derive actionable insights to optimize media mix and funnel conversion.
- Contribute to member conversion and engagement by analyzing and identifying actionable insights on email performance
- Extract data from internal systems, identify the correct metrics needed, create reports and analyze them to understand key trends.
- Discover and effectively communicate actionable insights to marketing stakeholders and senior leadership that address the most important business questions we are facing.
- Create systems and tools to empower the team to find answers themselves.
Here is what is needed:
- 4+ years experience in a data analytics role, preferably in a fast-growing SaaS company.
- Expert SQL skills coupled with the intellectual curiosity and analytical mindset to use data to drive business decisions.
- Marketing analytics experience with performance marketing / lifecycle marketing / content marketing working with data from tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, DSPs, Iterable / other ESPs, etc.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools - Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Proven track record of collaborating with business leaders to understand their needs, propose data-driven solutions and roll out processes to improve performance.
- You thrive in a changing environment and are able to juggle and prioritize multiple initiatives.
- You are a strong communicator and have an art for distilling complex quantitative data and findings into simple, actionable recommendations.
- You have a bias towards action and desire to be a change agent; you're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly.
- You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and eagerly seek and give help.
- And most importantly, you believe in HoneyBook’s mission and know how you will contribute to our success.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description. So, if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Sr. Data Analyst, Python/SQLAmplitude BigQuery CI/CD Computer Vision Data analysis Data pipelines Data visualization +14
Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity Fitness / gym +8
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics, AWS Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +16
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs