Lead Data Scientist
Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - Remote
Inspectorio is a cloud-based SaaS solution focused on creating a dynamic and risk-assessment based Quality and Compliance program with the goal of generating more sustainable and transparent supply chains. Our network is a one-stop-shop platform where all key stakeholders in the production process can connect to execute, monitor, and report on Quality and Compliance activities.
Our products provide digitization, automation, transparency, and traceability, with a strong focus on advanced analytics & Machine Learning. This enables us to leverage customer data for predictive insights and dynamic risk-based interventions.
Founded in 2016, Inspectorio set out to revolutionize the supply chain industry. Today, we work with many of the world’s leading brands and retailers, and over thousands of vendor and factory organizations across the globe to bring unparalleled levels of visibility, transparency, and accuracy to their quality, sustainability, and compliance initiatives!
We are looking for a candidate that has solid knowledge of Data Science and ML and at the same time, have experience in delivering Data Science project to software product and bringing value to end-users.
The candidate will lead a DS team to explore potential opportunities to equip our products with more predictive and prescriptive capabilities.
This position also ensures a smooth collaboration process between DS team and other teams (Product Owner, Data Engineers and Software Engineers) to execute the whole life-cycle of ML projects from Problem Definition, Data Collection, and Data processing to Feature Engineering, Model Training and deployment of AI/ ML features.
- Guiding/ Supporting Data Scientists and Research Engineers to implement ongoing/ new projects.
- Supporting/ Leading the project management part of ongoing/ new DS projects.
- Catching up with state-of-the-art algorithms and deep understanding on the fundamental knowledge to guide/ advise Data Scientists.
- Supporting/ Guiding Data Scientists to formulate the right DS problem to solve business use cases.
- Defining/ Improving the collaboration process/ framework for the internal DS team and with other external teams (Engineers, Product Owner …)
- Training/ Coaching DS team members to achieve their career path.
- Collaborating with external clients to define project plan/ roadmap.
- Experience on working in a development team and shipping production software.
- At least 3-5 years of experience on implementing data science projects.
- Solid skills on researching new approaches, ML algorithms and techniques.
- Solid understanding and experience in applying and implementing machine learning algorithms and concepts.
- Strong experience on formulating ML problem from business requirements.
- Strong experience with Data Science project life-cycle and framework.
- Strong experience on Project management or Product management.
- Proficient in communicating and collaborating with external stakeholders: leading meetings, demos and presentation, running pilot, roll-out.
- Ability to develop clear, well-structured and informative technical presentations to convince clients adopting new ML project.
- Matured Leadership skills and experience of managing DS/ R&D team.
- Have experience with Risk Assessment or Credit Scoring is a plus.
- Good experience on working with Big Data projects is a plus.
- Have Ph.D degree or Master degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or Optimization is a plus.
- Having strong scientific publications is a plus.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and collaboration.
- A team player who seeks for excellence, always be courageous, works in autonomy but keeps yourself humble
Why it would be awesome to work with us
At Inspectorio, we only work with the best of the best. That’s why, if we invite you to join us, it’s because we recognize your amazing skills, value, and potential. It probably wasn’t easy for you to become this awesome, so we make sure to reward you for it.
Full Project Ownership
Are you an inventor? Want to start a new internship program? How about a soccer tournament? Or a whole new department within the company? Whatever it is that you want to do, we’re here to listen, and if your idea is good, we’ll give you all the resources you need to make it happen. When any Inspectorian wins, we all win.
Personal and Professional Growth
Inspectorians are our most valuable resource, so we make sure to invest heavily in them. All Inspectorians are eligible for funding to attend conferences, take courses, present their research, and more. This on top of the continuous mentoring and guidance you’ll receive guarantees you’ll grow as a professional and as a human while at Inspectorio.
Fun, Fun, Fun
We put our money where your smiles are. Company-sponsored trips, weekly parties, sporting events, and more. We make sure that Inspectorians enjoy coming to work by promoting as much fun as we can.
International Work Experience
We are going to take over the world.... Perhaps not quite, but we are a global company that thrives from the interactions between our different offices. Join us to work alongside Belarusians in Vietnam, Mexicans in Minsk, Filipinos in China and more.
We pursue mastery and craftmanship. “Good enough” is our enemy.
We have a thirst and desire for knowledge and continuous improvement because there’s always an opportunity to be better.
We always find time to help and learn from others.
We act independently when we recognize an opportunity for improvement.
We seek guidance, alignment, and clear goals instead of orders or hand-holding.
We self-assess the quality and impact of our work, identify opportunities to improve and make changes proactively.
We share our opinion and insights, even if it’s uncomfortable.
We are candid and direct with everyone we work with.
We are willing to experiment and try something new, even if we’re not sure it will succeed.
We crave opportunities to learn from the people around us.
We focus on listening to other perspectives because we know we don’t have all the answers or best solutions.
We recognize that vanity and ego are the enemies of great ideas and outstanding products.
Other jobs like this
(Home-based) Lead Data Analyst - GrowthData pipelines Data visualization Excel Pipelines Python R SQL +1
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs