Sr. Data Scientist, Ads Marketplace Analytics
Remote - United States
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a senior level Data Scientist to work with our Ads product team. You will partner closely with cross functional team leaders such as GPMs, EMs and leadership in utilizing data to drive decision making. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will have a keen business acumen and the big picture thinking that can guide our Marketplace strategy in a data driven manner.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
How You’ll Have Impact:
Advertising is Reddit’s primary business model and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities that drive action. This large number of self-governed communities have highly-engaged users who are in an unduplicated mindset of consuming relevant information. This has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a massive and highly differentiated ads business.
We spent the past few years building the foundations of a modern ad serving system, building features to help brand and performance advertisers find their audiences on Reddit and get high ROI on their ad spend. We’re now ready to build differentiated products on top of those foundations, utilizing data to drive the product decisions for both short term and long term bets.
As a data scientist on the ads data science team, you’ll be a key player in ensuring we make the right product decisions based on data insights and help define the culture that is driven through metrics and KPIs. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there are still a lot of low hanging fruit that will immediately impact millions of users and thousands of advertisers.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will partner with colleagues who have a wealth of experience in online advertising and social networking industries. You will be an integral part of the growth of the Reddit Ads Platform by playing a key role in making data-driven recommendations. You’ll leverage petabytes of data full of user and advertiser interactions to develop a deeper understanding of Reddit’s ads ecosystem.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the metrics platform for the Reddit advertising business, including defining metrics, developing dashboards, building ETL processes, and establishing monitoring and alerts.
- Help drive the bi-weekly operational review for Ads leadership team.
- Conduct in-depth analyses across multiple dimensions to assess the health of the Reddit Ads marketplace and to help shape the strategic direction of Reddit Ads.
- Work across all Reddit teams supporting the advertising business, including Product, Data Warehousing, Machine Learning, Sales, Finance, and Marketing.
- Contribute actively to build up the knowledge base both within the Ads organization and the wider Data organization.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics or related quantitative role.
- 2+ years of experience in an advertising platform such as (but not limited to) Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, or Pinterest Ads.
- Understanding of experimentation and A/B testing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit.
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python).
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker).
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics, AWS Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +16
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs