Data Engineer, Buy with Prime
Santa Monica, California, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The Buy with Prime team is looking for an experience high caliber Data Engineer (DE) to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be working in a large, complex, and dynamic data environment. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with an uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources to build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and implementing solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the platform. You demonstrate solid communication skills and the ability to partner with Research Scientists and business owners across technical and non-technical teams to develop and define key business questions, then build the solutions that answer those questions.
In this role, you will serve as the expert in designing, implementing, and operating a stable, scalable, low cost environment to flow information from the data warehouse into end-user facing reporting applications such as AWS QuickSight. Above all, you will bring large datasets together to answer business questions and drive data-driven decision making.
This is a rare opportunity to work on a central data warehouse and science team, building infrastructure from ground up using native AWS technologies. You will define scalable processes and frameworks leveraged by multiple cross-functional teams. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers.
Key job responsibilities
Plan, design, implement, and manage a deployment of self-service data visualization platform (with front end as Tableau, QuickSight)
Design, build, and maintain data pipelines using modern Big Data technologies such as AWS Redshift, S3, etc.
Utilize modern cloud database and storage concepts to for data storage and versioning (Data Lakes with AWS S3)
Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis
Build data pipelines to feed machine learning models for real-time and large-scale offline use cases.
Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
Work with business owners and partners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions
Support Sales Operations Leads, Analysts and beyond in analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
About the team
Buy with Prime is helping people reimagine the way they shop….wherever they do! Our vision is to enable every entrepreneur in the world to reach every customer in the world through every channel they can imagine. Buy with Prime is a new way to extend Prime shopping benefits—including fast, free shipping, a seamless checkout experience, and free returns—to merchants’ own online stores, ultimately increasing selection for Prime members. For over 20 years, Amazon been empowering small and medium-sized businesses with opportunities to grow. Buy with Prime is an exciting next step in our mission to help merchants of all sizes grow their business—whether on Amazon or beyond.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
Experience with one of the functional scripting languages (Python, Scala etc.) to process semi-structured or unstructured data inputs.
Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines.
Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
Ability to complete projects timely, accurately and with strong attention to detail, with continuous communication of progress updates to stakeholders.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, Kubernetes, Tableau, AWS Quicksight, AWS CDK, Handling Data APIs.
- Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Background in Big Data, non-relational databases and Data Mining.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Tags: APIs AWS Big Data Business Intelligence Computer Science Data analysis Data management Data Mining Data pipelines Data visualization Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Economics Engineering ETL Kubernetes Machine Learning Mathematics Pipelines Python QuickSight Redshift Research Scala SQL Statistics Tableau Unstructured data
Other jobs like this
Senior Data EngineerAirflow AWS Data pipelines EC2 Engineering FiveTran Lambda +7
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs