Software Development Engineer - Alexa Machine Learning
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
The Amazon Speech team designs and develops the core speech recognition technology used by numerous Amazon products including Amazon Echo, Amazon’s mobile shopping app and various other products and services.
You'll be joining a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and machine learning scientists, that develop and deploy machine learning models to millions of echo devices worldwide. These models are used to wake up echo devices and are critical to magical experience our customers have come to expect.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building intelligent embedded system solutions. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering & maintaining high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: Engineering Java Machine Learning Scrum