Austin, Chicago, Dallas, New York, Portland, Seattle
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
We are looking for a seasoned data analyst to design, develop, and maintain robust dashboards, queries and reports that will highlight trends for new and existing KPIs. You will work closely with stakeholders to identify business problems, risks, and opportunities to build scalable solutions for operational, reporting, and analytical data needs. You'll serve as a subject matter expert for data analysis and visualization methods, tools, and best practices while using critical reasoning to understand the needs of stakeholders, gather requirements, and develop new or improved processes individually or by partnering with other engineering teams. As a Data Analyst at Apex you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that will benefit our financial services business or their clients. You’ll collaborate with Apex's sharpest minds to use data to drive business decision making. Working at Apex means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new opportunities as you continue to enhance your skills.
If you are passionate about harnessing data that allows the business to make thoughtful decisions, then this role is for you.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use analytical reasoning to understand the needs of stakeholders, generate requirements, and develop new or improve existing processes individually or by partnering with engineering teams
- Design, develop, document, test, and maintain dashboards, queries and reports to highlight trends for new and existing KPIs.
- Respond to data requests from internal stakeholders by designing, developing, documenting, and validating SQL queries for completeness and accuracy.
- Build scalable solutions for operational, reporting, and analytical data needs.
- Innovate on new ways to access information and methods for analyzing data.
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate business problems, risks, and opportunities.
- Continuously gain a deeper understanding of the data to understand downstream effects.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience)
- 2+ years professional experience in Data/Business Analyst roles
- Finance industry experience (preferably FinTech)
- 2+ years SQL knowledge and hands-on experience with transactional and relational databases to assemble and analyze complex data from multiple sources
- Proficiency in at least one data visualization tool such as Sisense, Tableau, Looker, Sigma, or PowerBI
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with strong critical thinking and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to research, manipulate, and analyze raw data to translate data trends into meaningful business insights and draw actionable recommendations.
- Strong analytical mind-set with an ability to identify, interpret, and visualize the patterns in datasets to tell the story behind the data.
- Ability to develop credibility and build partnerships with key contacts across the organization to facilitate efficiency, knowledge sharing, and opportunities for cross collaboration.
Apex currently requires all employees as a condition of employment to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to regular testing. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Apex will also require proof of vaccination and/or testing. Apex will also consider requests for exemption from these requirements as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. *Please note this requirement is ONLY for US Offices.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Sr. Data Analyst, Python/SQLAmplitude BigQuery CI/CD Computer Vision Data analysis Data pipelines Data visualization +14
Career development Cell phone stipend Competitive pay Equity Fitness / gym +8
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics, AWS Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +16
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs