Director, Data Engineering and Architecture
California | New York | Washington DC | Remote - USA
ChainalysisChainalysis helps government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions engage confidently with cryptocurrency.
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Business Technology (BizTech) team at Chainalysis creates intuitive, scalable, and secure technology experiences that accelerate Chainalysis’ growth and empower our employees to do their best work.
The Director of Data Engineering & Integrations role is responsible for building and leading the team that will build and operate the pipelines and integrations necessary to deliver trusted business metrics and insights to our leaders and employees. This work will be done in close partnership with Business Systems teams, our sibling Data Engineering team, and the Business Intelligence (BI) team within BizOps. Leaders who will excel in this role are able to craft a vision and strategy for Business Data & Integrations, which they will build in concert with our business partners. They are empathetic towards and supportive of the team, taking the time to coach individual engineers and engineering managers as the team grows, and are inquisitive about the data and analytics journey at a high-growth company. The ideal leader for this team leads with people first - whether that means a focus on the UX for data experiences that we are crafting or the individuals on the team and their well-being and career growth.
This role is open to remote candidates in the United States, with a preference for New York-based candidates who will join the team in our HQ.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Partnering with your peers and business partners, you have built and delivered a Business Data roadmap that delivers scalable data pipelines, ETL processes, and trusted insights to the company
- You and your team have built trust in our Business Data through the building of a data catalog, definition of a clear data architecture, and both the implementation and enforcement of policies around data security, handling, and retention
- Your team has made an impact through reducing the time and manual overhead needed to relay insights to business leaders
- Your team has substantially reduced manual effort across the company through automated business workflows built on a standard enterprise integration platform. This will come in the form of both backend systems automation and user-facing applications.
- You have hired and developed the engineers required to deliver on your roadmap, with a focus on adaptivity, resilience, and diversity
A background like this helps:
- Demonstrated experience in roles of similar scope, preferably within technology companies
- Experience leading efforts to implement Master Data Management (MDM), enterprise analytics in a SaaS company, and developing enterprise application integration strategies
- Experience managing teams who have built user-facing applications to reduce manual overhead using low-code platforms
- Background building around cloud-native environments and SaaS technologies
- Previous experience managing distributed/remote teams
- Excellent writing skills
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Coupa Software, Inc.
Senior/Lead - ETL Test Automation Engineer (Remote)Agile APIs AWS Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering +8
401(k) matching Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Data Architect - Data Warehouse & MPP, Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering ETL +13
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment
Sr. Machine Learning Solutions Architect, AWS Startups ML CoreAWS Consulting Engineering Machine Learning ML models Security
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs