Georgia, United States
Storable is searching for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. This team member will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our cloud native big data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing distributed systems as well as building them from the ground up.
The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on stakeholder initiatives and ensure delivered architecture is consistent and supportable throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and you must reside in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
What you’ll do everyday:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various SQL and ‘big data’ technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work closely with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to design and deliver products and functionality to address analytical and functional data needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist and business operations team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Work with AWS and Terraform to provision and manage cloud assets supporting our data platform and it’s services
What you need to bring to the table:
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in software development, data engineering, BI development, and / or data architecture
- Experience with Python, SQL, Airflow, AWS, RESTful APIs, and Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Consistent track record of leading successful delivery for a large-scale project or being a key contributor on multiple projects
- Consistent track record of positively influencing project direction and contributions to cross-functional and/or cross-organizational collaborations
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That’s why we’ve built the industry’s first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we’ve transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn’t mean we’re not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- ’Paw’ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your professional background doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn’t the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Scikit-learn-related jobs