Data Scientist, Commercial Systems
Home based - EMEA
We have established a new data science practice at Canonical. The team will innovate in the open source data science technology stack, deliver advanced business analytics, support product roadmap decisions for Canonical through actionable insights, and lead by example in setting and publicly advocating for industry standards in open source data science. The team will have both Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
As a Data Scientist at Canonical you will work to generate actionable insights from data across the Canonical ecosystem. Our Data Engineers work hard to make sure that you have the right data - with the right safeguards - in your hands at any time. As a Data Scientist, your challenge is to transform that data into meaningful changes in our operations, decision-making or awareness.
You will design, deploy and evaluate machine learning models at scale on cutting-edge infrastructure. You will use a range of analytics capabilities to build decision-support tools, dashboards, monitoring and reports.
As an internal user, you will shape, beta test and contribute to our open source data platforms and MLOps solutions. This work requires proactive collaboration in a worldwide distributed team of engineers who are experts in many fields.
At Canonical you will partner up with key stakeholders to build data products to support our diverse offerings - from Ubuntu Desktop and Server, cloud infrastructure at the largest scale, to open source robotics and IoT solutions.
You will be at the forefront of technical development in open source data science. As such, you will get the chance to advocate for solutions, which you help to build, at the most prestigious industrial and academic venues worldwide.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Ability to decompose complex business problems into computational experiments
- Rigorous and consistent application of the scientific method
- Ability to condense heterogeneous data into understandable forms
- Experience with open source data platform software, from ingestion to visualization
- Experience with the Python scientific stack, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience within machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases and ability to use SQL
- Experience using Linux as an advanced user
- Basic understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders
- Motivated, productive, and organized in a fully remote environment
- Ability to travel to international destinations for up to two weeks at a time, approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations prior to the global pandemic included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.
What Canonical offers
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs