Data Scientist II, GloPro Analytics
US, TN, Virtual Location - Tennessee
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
The vision for World-wide Customer Service (WWCS) Global Programs Analytics organization is to be the recognized world class leader in Analytics. Among the many self-serve solutions and automations from this team, analytical applications hold a unique place. We process terabytes of data each week from a variety of data sources at Amazon including shipment planning, delivery, customer order system, payments, products and more. We provide advanced interfaces for our internal customers to interact with this massive data in a consumable and expedient way. All of this is made possible with Amazon Web Service’s (AWS) Glue, S3, LakeFormation and SageMaker. We build scalable solutions to identify process defects that impact external and internal customers across all Amazon’s businesses. Creation of alarms, early detection mechanisms and precise prediction of the customer events is how we positively impact an Amazon Customer’s experience.
Your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at WWCS. Participate in the full development life cycle, from design, implementation and testing, documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable documentation and metadata. Evaluate and make decisions on dataset implementations design. Evaluate and make decisions on the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior members of the team.
Key job responsibilities
* Research and use of statistical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
* Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key features and processes
* Work closely with analysts and engineering teams to create and deploy new features
* Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
* Contributing to widely used open source technologies at the bleeding edge of large-scale distributed computing, data processing, and machine learning.
* Master's Degree, 3+ years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ML Machine Learning or related field.
* 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application.
* Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language.
* 5+ years of experience in data analytics. Experience building large platform systems.
Preferred Qualifications* Experience in developing large scale Python applications.
* Experience in working with open source frameworks like Apache Hive, Apache Flink and Apache Spark.
* A PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning or in a highly quantitative field.
* Prior work experience as an applied scientist or a data scientist at a consumer product company.
* 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in an applied environment.
* Experience using an object-oriented language to write production-ready code.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Team events
Other jobs like this
Data Architect - Data Lake & Analytics, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +17
Career development Conferences Salary bonus Signing bonus Startup environment +1
Sr. Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics - Oil, Gas, Energy, Professional ServicesAthena AWS Business Intelligence Consulting Data Analytics Data Warehousing DynamoDB +10
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics, AWS Professional ServicesAthena Avro AWS Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Analytics Data Warehousing +16
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Product Data Analyst jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Power BI-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs