Sr Data Scientist, Risk
San Jose, California, United States
OkcoinOkcoin is a secure cryptocurrency exchange which makes it easy buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, and other cryptos. Earn crypto rewards with Okcoin earn.
Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Risk function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall risk and fraud prevention culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on risk standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk professionals who are based across our global offices.About the Opportunity: This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The Sr Data Scientist, Risk will offer a strategic perspective, deep analytical and modeling capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The right candidate will have strong intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results. An ability to quickly define the problem, research and leverage state-of-the-art modeling techniques, and provide timely recommendations will be essential. Key skills will include a strong analytical mindset, deep understanding of most popular machine learning algorithms and lead key initiatives with integrity and a passion for investigations, problem solving, and troubleshooting. What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify complex fraud patterns and their technical root causes through detailed data mining and analysis, including identification of sophisticated fraud methods employed by actors who are deliberately trying to avoid detection.
- Serve as technical SME by sharing new data mining techniques, maintaining technical reference documentation, and interfacing with partner technology teams.
- Collaborate across business and technology stakeholders to communicate analytical findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide technical guidance for engineering projects that incorporate new data points into the investigation team’s toolkit, such as API integrations or internal data transformations.
- Link Analysis/Graph analytics to find and mitigate deeply-connected fraud networks and detect new accounts being added to these networks
- Unsupervised learning methods to augment existing supervised models, or detect portfolio anomalies
- Development of machine learning models
- Partner with product and engineering team in implementing features and models, and enhancing systems
- Master’s degree (or PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Bachelor’s degree with significant relevant experience will be considered.
- 4+ years of fraud analytics experience in financial services or FinTechs
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques / algorithms including GBM, XGBoost, LGBM, etc. Advanced programming skills of statistical / analytical software (SQL, R, Python,etc.);
- Successful track record of owning and driving large, complex data analysis projects.
- Demonstrated capacity for innovation and outside-the-box thinking in the creation of new capabilities and processes that are unstructured or exploratory in nature.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Strong communicator in both writing and speaking
- Multi-tasking and strong project management skills
- Crypto/Blockchain experience;
- Hands-on experience/knowledge of modeling in machine learning (GBM, XGBoost, Random Forest, etc.)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist - AlgorithmsA/B testing Airflow Computer Vision Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Machine Learning ML Model training +9
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Data Scientist - Nationwide Opportunities, AWS Professional ServicesAWS Big Data Computer Vision Consulting Data visualization Deep Learning HPC Machine Learning ML ML models +14
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs