Senior Data Engineer
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt - Remote
WorkMotionWorkMotion offers Global HR Solutions to help companies navigate the New Ways of Working. Solutions fully compliant.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to actively shape WorkMotion's growth story. As our Senior Data Engineer, you’ll have the chance to experience a unique 360° perspective behind the curtains of a textbook hyper-growth scale-up. With your self-starter mindset and your expertise in data engineering, you will help solve the company's most important challenges.
You will join one of our agile and cross-functional engineering teams. Our colleagues are located everywhere in the world and working on designing and developing our SaaS product with one common mission: Hiring without barriers of locality!
With strong analytical skills, a passion for solving difficult problems and working towards a goal you believe in, you will fit right in!
What you’ll do…
- Design, develop, monitor, and operate data integration pipelines to provide high-quality datasets for analytical and machine learning use-cases.
- Leverage and improve cloud-based infrastructure (AWS).
- Consult with product managers to build and continuously improve "Single Source of Truth" data products that create value for users.
- Be a sparring partner to other team members and provide support and guidance to other engineers to help develop their technical capabilities.
What we’re looking for…
- Proficient knowledge in working with Apache Spark and a good understanding of relational database systems. Knowledge of additional Big Data technologies like Presto or Kafka is a plus.
- Experience doing data analysis with SQL.
- Experience in data warehousing and data modelling is a plus.
- Solid programming skills in Python or Scala, or other JVM languages.
- Knowledge of workflow management tools such as Airflow and hands-on experience in cloud technologies (AWS preferred), container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in all the steps of the software process, including testing, continuous integration/continuous delivery, automated deployment and monitoring.
What we offer…
- As a fully remote and completely distributed team, you can do your best work from anywhere you are the happiest #LI-remote
- Opportunities to get to know some of your colleagues at our offices
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based culture with substantial growth opportunities
- Trust-based work – organize your own schedule. We want to celebrate results, not hours spent working
- Collaborative team culture where everyone's input is valued
- Subsidised gym membership subscription and other benefits
- Training and development allowance
- Regular offsite and virtual team and company events, such as Sales Academies, Hackathons, Quizzes and more!
*Some benefits may vary due to local law and regulations.
Who we are…
WorkMotion is a remote-first HR-tech startup founded in 2020. We offer an all-in-one HR platform to our clients, allowing them to compliantly hire the very best talent anywhere in the world (WorkGlobal & WorkDirect). Additionally, we enable our customers to retain their talents by offering them location-flexible temporary employment abroad through our easy to use WorkFlex product.WorkMotion is led by an experienced founding team and backed by some of the most renowned investors globally.
You will be part of our incredibly intercultural team distributed all over this beautiful planet and will have the chance to learn and grow with the company. If you like to roll up your sleeves and go all in, we can do it and build the #futureofwork together! We'd love to see you soon.
**No matter what you look like, where you're from or where you prefer to work, we encourage all to apply. We believe that the more diversified we are, the more we can revolutionise the working world!**
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs