Sr. Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior, Planning & Control
Blacksburg, VA; Austin, TX; Remote
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Our Behaviors and Path Planning teams build software solutions to improve how our vehicles behave in various driving situations based on the perception of the world around our autonomous vehicle. The areas you may be involved in are enhancing motion control and path planning algorithms, develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving. The team also assists in identifying benchmarks and testing performance of algorithms on Torc's automated vehicles.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be responsible for various software development and engineer activities supporting the delivery of autonomy algorithm software to the overall system solution; Perform software development activities to include, but not limited to, software architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration, deployment and maintenance. Clearly communicate daily status on assigned activities and follow company policies and procedures. Have a background either through education and employment in developing, implementing, and testing autonomy algorithms with the areas of behaviors processing, path planning. We work closely with other engineering teams to create innovative solutions for our Level 4 autonomous system.
- Execute full software development lifecycle activities using C++ in an Agile Linux environment
- Enhance motion control and path planning algorithms
- Develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving.
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing.
- Provide Technical Mentoring within behaviors and path planning teams.
- Ability to lead feature development projects and teams.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or engineering equivalent with 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Industry Experience in Robotics, Autonomy or ADAS related systems working with Motion Control
- Strong in C++ programming skills
- Proficient understanding of probability, statistics, probabilistic modeling, and linear algebra
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Good spatial comprehension and computational skills
- High level understanding of Bayes probability theory
- Basic knowledge of Kalman filters, sensor fusion and dynamic state estimation
- Basic knowledge foundation in physics, motion control and kinematics
- Masters degree with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- PhD with 1+ years of relevant industry experience
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Staff Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior & PlanningAgile Autonomous Driving Engineering Linux PhD Probability theory R Robotics Statistics Testing
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs