Software Engineer, Autonomy Visualization
California - HQ
Nuro, Inc.Less driving. More thriving. Nuro autonomous, zero-occupant delivery vehicles are making more possible—today.
WHO WE ARE
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Autonomy Visualization team at Nuro builds applications and infrastructure to enable powerful, interactive, and performant visualization of autonomy behavior from both on-road and simulated data. Our robots, both onroad and in simulation, log vast amounts of data as they drive including sensor data, steering wheel position, detected objects, and everything in between. It is this team’s job to make sense of this raw data to our engineers and operators to move the needle of our autonomy system.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving the reliability and performance of some of our core visualization tools as well as designing and optimizing autonomy data streaming and compression logic. You’ll have the potential for high impact and visibility, owning products used by nearly every employee at the company.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Optimize, maintain, and extend some of our core desktop visualization tools used by all Autonomy teams on a daily basis.
- Design and build performant data streaming and compression solutions to enable real-time or faster than real-time visualization of rich autonomy data in the browser.
- Work with product managers and technical leads to anticipate upcoming visualization needs in order to inform backend work priorities.
- You have 5+ years of experience working in computer science, software engineering, or related fields.
- You have a strong proficiency in C++ and 2+ years of experience working on complicated systems and desktop native applications. Qt / OpenGL development is required.
- You’re experienced with one or more of the following areas: streaming data pipelines, multi-threaded application design, backend API design, gRPC services
- You are an expert debugger and comfortable tackling systems issues (memory leaks, segfaults, use-after-frees, race conditions).
- You are a clear and concise communicator who collaborates effectively with PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders on project ideas, prioritization, and timelines.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs