Principal ASIC Design Engineer @ Autonomous Driving Technology Leader
San Jose, CA
Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.About the role: As a Principal Engineer on Recogni’s ASIC team, you will be responsible for the microarchitecture and design implementation of a high-performance and low-power convolutional neural network accelerator ASIC that forms the core of the company’s flagship perception module product for autonomous driving applications.This ASIC’s design closely couples novel computational accelerator units with 3rd-party SoC IP blocks to form an end-to-end vision perception module that achieves record-breaking computational performance at low power.
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and run the gamut of microarchitecture design and documentation, Verilog RTL implementation, selecting and integration 3rd-party IP blocks, working closely with design verification engineers, running frontend synthesis and working with a backend team on place-and-route guidance and timing closure.Responsibilities:
- Author micro-architecture specifications and participate in specification and test plan reviews.
- Architect and implement complex RTL designs.
- Scope third party IP requirements and solicit vendors.
- Integrate CPU and other relevant IPs into the CPU sub-system.
- Collaborate with the physical design team to resolve implementation and timing issues and to optimize power.
- Analyze code coverage and provide feedback to the verification team to achieve coverage closure.
- Perform diagnostic and post-silicon validation tests, as well as assist with software bring-up in the lab.
- 10+ years of ASIC design experience with a demonstrable track record of RTL logic design in multi-million gate ASICs with Verilog or System Verilog.
- Experience in IP integration, specifically CPU IP into SoC.
- Knowledge of ARM/RISC-V/MIPS Architectures, Memory hierarchy, Cache coherency, Virtual memory, Multicore CPU operation
- Familiarity with AMBA/APB/AXI Protocol
- Familiarity with processor peripheral interfaces like SPI, eMMC, *MII, GPIO, I2C ....
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of the ASIC development process with proficiency in front-end tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with low power design. UPF flow for defining power intent of chips with multiple power domains
- Previous experience with timing closure at high frequencies is a plus.
- Interest to explore AI architectures for convolution, transformer and other kinds of workloads
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs