Decision Scientist - GoMart
GojekGojek is a Super App. It’s one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and over a dozen services. It is Indonesia’s first and fastest growing decacorn building an on-demand empire.
They say no man is an island, and this holds true here at Gojek. As our Decision Scientist, you’ll be part of the data team that directly impacts GoMart's business, which is one of the top contributors to Gojek's business.. Your main objective will be to create business impact at scale. The Business and Product Team will be your companions during this ride. Best yet, you’ll have the opportunity to flex both your analytics and DS skills!. What differentiates Gojek from other companies is the pace at which you can see your analysis and insights come to life and impact millions of customers and thousands of merchants partners
What You Will Do
- Assimilate huge volumes of data and provide key insights using statistical tools and data visualization methods to product and business teams
- Work hand-in-glove with Strategy, in designing the best strategic initiatives, through rigorous analysis and experimentation.
- Perform analysis in relation to determining new project pilot settings, new features, user behavior, and in-app behavior
- Build & maintain dashboards for tracking business performance and product adoption
- Be a sounding board to Product and Business and understand their day to day problems, convert them into data science problems and support in building the data science solutions.
- Build Machine Learning models based on product requirements, work on improving their performance consistently and realigning them with changing trends in product usage.
- Take models to production and monitor them to ensure the promised offline performance.
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of working experience with basic statistics or product analytics. Furthermore with a strong business sense and data-driven role background
- Expert in SQL and strong experience with a data visualization and dashboarding tool (e.g. Tableau, Metabase, Google Data Studio, Clevertap, Python, etc)
- Hands on experience in building and evaluating at least one class of Machine Learning models (forecasting, clustering, statistical significance test, predictive modeling, and text mining)
- Experience in delivering products as end-to-end data solutions (from data pipelining to analysis, presenting, and scalable adaption)
- Comfortable coding in Python and using various Python libraries for data wrangling.
- Comfortable working both independently with minimal guidance and in a team setting
- Ability to use critical thinking daily to manage daily tasks while being goal-oriented
- Ability to transform an ambiguous business or product problem into a well-scoped and impactful analysis; able to design simple experiments
You'll be one of the earliest members of our GoMart Data science team and will pay a key role in shaping the future of GoMart's business for the coming year. Our GoMart squad currently consists of around 20 people based in India and Indonesia. We oversee all things data and work to become a thought partner for our Business Users, Product Team, and Decision Makers. It’s our job to ensure that they have a structural approach to data-driven problem-solving. Right now, there is only one question we try to solve in our three-way marketplace: how to give customers the best and most delightful shopping experience in GoMart.
We work with the PMs hand-in-glove - be it constructing a new machine learning solution or brainstorming on a problem like how do we reduce the search time for a customer, how do we improve assortment of our recommended SKUs, should we treat convenience seeking customer differently from value seeking customer etc.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with us coming from diverse backgrounds, we often have fun sessions to talk about everything and anything from data information to our current movie list. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?😜).
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.
Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Insights and Data EnablementAgile Econometrics Engineering ETL ETL pipelines Jira PhD Python R R&D +3
Career development Health care Salary bonus Startup environment Travel
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs