Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security- Big Data
Herndon, Virginia, USA
Are you excited by big data, really big data? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of AWS? Are you interested in building high performance platforms to deal with big data, support security analytics and implement automation to address security threats? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a Senior Software Developer with a strong passion for these topics to lead our team.
You will operate at the convergence of the hottest areas in tech: Big Data, Analytics, Security, Software Development and Cloud Services. You will develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, work closely with AWS Security analytic teams and AWS service teams, and will build the system that will convert analytic results into mitigation of security threats.
You will be responsible for thinking big, setting goals, direction and priorities, delivering high-quality software, maintaining operational excellence, and leading interactions with customers and partners within the AWS organization. You will play an critical role in our ability to efficiently access security relevant data and build automation at the scale of AWS. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a huge impact.
· Work with AWS services to support automation to mitigate threats.
· Lead and mentor a team of software engineers
· Be heavily involved in system design and architecture, as well as influencing the technical direction of projects.
· Build solutions on AWS utilizing existing AWS products and services.
· Prototype and productize data access capabilities to enable the securing of a large cloud environment.
· Work with customers within AWS Security and with your team of engineers to develop systems that magnify our ability to deeply understand and rapidly improve AWS security.
· Work with customers, engineers and architects to advance the state of the art of security automation in terms of performance and technical merit.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; and
· 5+ years of experience building successful production software systems
· 5+ years of experience working with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience developing on Unix/Linux using modern programming languages like Golang, Java, and Python.
· Exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc)
· Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
· Exposure to big data technologies such as EMR, Hadoop, Glue, Spark, Athena.
· Exposure to data streaming and messaging platforms such as Kafka, Kinesis, SNS, SQS
· Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
· Demonstrated delivery of large-scale, initially-ambiguous projects
· Exposure to data analysis basics such as SQL, R, iPython, etc.
· Working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us