Data Scientist, Final Mile Routing and Planning
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating products that merge high-design with modern technology to provide at-home access to live streaming and on-demand fitness classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience – be it the studio, product, or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and developing strategic recommendations to drive business strategy. As a Data Scientist, Final Mile Routing and Planning, you are responsible for advising the business on the potential of data, providing new insights through the use of advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques. You will use these to drive strategy and solutions that enable enhanced business performance.
You will represent our Field Operations organization to drive simple, scalable, and complete solutions by:
- Extracting meaning from and interpreting data.
- Immersing yourself within different parts of the organization, documenting opportunities, and working across multiple teams to drive mutually beneficial improvements.
- Participate in planning and retrospective meetings with multiple internal teams as a representative of our Field Operations team members.
- Participate in identifying, scoping, and launching of new processes, operational strategy, and technology.
This role is fast-paced and requires attention to detail with strong organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized with the ability to manage multiple changing priorities concurrently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become a subject matter expert in all aspects of Peloton’s delivery and services operating model and look for opportunities to apply this expertise to continually improve.
- Apply your knowledge of Peloton’s business to understand areas in need of support, with the curiosity and motivation to explore unknown areas of need and provide data-based recommendations to leaders.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement to our business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- 5+ years of related work experience in operations, supporting a digital, or high-tech company.
- 3+ years of experience supporting a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with Redshift.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with the application of these concepts.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience working with and developing reporting in Looker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate and coordinate across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- An outgoing, dynamic personality, with excellent presentation skills.
- Able to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere with a bias for action.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline.
- Comfort working across a dynamic team with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Able to travel for project based assignments.
- Master’s degree in statistics, applied math, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of project management experience.