Software Development Manager - Data Analytics (Canada)
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list Caseware as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
As CaseWare continues to grow and innovate, we have an exciting leadership opportunity for a Software Development Manager on our Data Analytics platform team. This role is open to residents of Canada.
As a Development Manager at CaseWare, you’ll lead a team of innovative software engineers to drive the development of cutting-edge cloud-based solutions that are revolutionizing the way that financial audits are performed across the world. You will provide technical & career mentorship and coaching to your direct reports and manage the complete software development lifecycle. You will be a part of the Data Analytics department that is committed to delivering quality cloud analytics and data lifecycle management solutions to the global accounting and auditing market.
You’ll be reporting into: Ricardo NavarreteAnd working alongside: Naresh Eeda, Stacie Simmons
In the first 6 months you will:
- Build connections with not only your team but also with key cross-functional teams in product, security and operations.
- Conduct regular 1:1's with your team.
- Shadow existing managers' on day-to-day operations at CaseWare.
- Understand CaseWare’s product portfolio, and the Data Analytics platform within this portfolio.
- Learn about how we work, our vision, goals and plans, and also the challenges we face.
- Establish strong relationships based on trust and respect, with your team and with others across CaseWare.
In the first year you will:
- Lead, coach, motivate and manage a team of talented developers who architect, develop and maintain the Data Analytics Platform.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for your team.
- Work closely with product, UX, and other managers to define & deliver against our product roadmap.
- Participate in key technical decisions and strategy, especially around architecture, for the Data Analytics platform.
- Oversee and drive iterative improvements to the teams software delivery performance and SDLC.
- Actively coach and mentor your team, and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Encourage open discussion, idea sharing, and innovation across your team.
What you bring:
- Strong leadership experience over at least the past 2 years, with 8-10 years total experience in software development.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing development teams of up to 10 people.
- You are a people-focused leader; you put people first, you are a good listener, a strong coach, and a great communicator.
- The ability to provide technical guidance to teams as a subject matter expert on the technology they are using.
- You are a proponent for development best practices, such as code reviews and branch strategies, and you ensure these are employed by developers and documented.
- You have a Product oriented mindset, and you can represent the team in technical & product discussions with Tech Leads, Operations, Product/UX, and external stakeholders.
- You recognize process failures, avoid personal blame, and develop and push for new processes and development practices that CaseWare can apply across all teams.
- A passion for transformation: in your career, you have have experienced many changes. You have evolved architectures and platforms, and have grown and developed highly functional teams.
Technology stack includes:
- Java 8/11 (SpringBoot), NodeJS, Angular, Python (SDK development, microservice dev)
- Microservices hosted on AWS EKS, Lambda
- Serverless Orchestration with AWS Step Functions & SNS/SQS
- Big Data ETL on AWS EMR (Hadoop, Glue, Presto, Spark)
- Various AWS storage solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB, S3)E
- JIRA (Cloud) to manage our backlogIntelliJ (IDEA)
What's in it for you:
- The best of both worlds: a stable, mid-size SaaS company, with a 33 year track record of success, who have the energy, passion and innovative spirit to drive growth and transformation in our industry.
- The chance to make an impact, to be seen, and to be heard. We think you might enjoy joining an "Open Door with Dave" session. This is where small groups of 12 people meet with our CEO, David Osborne, to share ideas, thoughts, get questions answered, and have some fun.
- A comprehensive salary, benefits, bonus package, including a company- wide paid office closure from December 24th- January 2nd (so you can enjoy some downtime, and relax with family and friends)
Caseware's cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating, and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer-focused mindset, we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting, and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of Caseware's core values is Many Voices, One Team and with that in mind, we're dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any candidates successful in obtaining an offer for a position will need to successfully complete a background check through Certn.co which typically includes an Identity Verification and Criminal Record Check. Executives and Senior Managers will undergo a Soft Credit Check as well.
Other jobs like this
Data Science Manager, Machine Learning & Causal InferenceCausal inference Engineering Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling Python R SQL Testing
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs