Senior Data Scientist, Credit Risk
ZipZip is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, and Mexico. We'll be expanding to more regions soon!
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
Our Data & Risk team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to take ownership of end to end model development and strategy build across a number of key risk controls including; early warning, collections and recovery models. You’ll also own the delivery of model performance insights after production.
This is a high visibility role within an area that has organisation level priority for Zip, meaning that you’ll be working on truly impactful work. If you’ve got proven experience working with credit risk data and an appetite for solving business problems, we would love to hear from you.
If you’re looking for a role where you can stretch your technical skills, whilst having genuine ownership across the full model lifecycle then this role will be a great fit for you!
- Own the development and regular maintenance of various data science models and model-based strategies for: Early warning model, Collections & Recovery.
- Support the risk directors and executives with various analytical insights and conduct ad-hoc ‘deep-dives’ as required.
- Help to define a strategic roadmap across your specific model build space.
- Work closely with a range of business stakeholders from: Collections, CRM and Credit Risk.
To help us level up you'll bring:
- Expert SQL skills.
- Interest in solving business problems and the ability to work cross functionally.
- Proven experience in credit risk analytics or model development.
- Experience developing credit risk models using Python or R.
- Knowledge of collections process or collections analytics is a bonus!
- Experience with Databricks is great!
What this role will offer you:
- Ownership of end to end delivery of your models and freedom to #changethegame.
- Movement at Zip speed, the ability to see your models up in production within a short space of time.
- Opportunity to own and deliver strategy across key business initiatives.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist, Insights and Data EnablementAgile Econometrics Engineering ETL ETL pipelines Jira PhD Python R R&D +3
Career development Health care Salary bonus Startup environment Travel
Data Scientist - Computer Vision (Risk Management)Blockchain Computer Vision Crypto Finance Machine Learning ML ML models OCR Python Research +1
Career development Competitive pay Flat hierarchy Flex hours Relocation support
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs