Data Scientist — Treasury Risk and Exposure
Data Scientist - Treasury Risk and Exposure
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing Treasury Team in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a Data Scientist and help save our customers money.
At Wise our mission is Money Without Borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. Whether our customers are sending money to another country, spending money abroad, or making and receiving international business payments, Wise is on a mission to make their lives easier and save them money.
Your mission is to help run the engine of the company, delivering funds to wherever in the world our customers need them, as fast as possible. Your team is also entrusted with managing risk from currency rate fluctuations, allowing us to offer customers the real mid-market rate.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You will build new and further develop existing machine learning models to help us manage our FX risk and currency exposure in even smarter ways. You will also deploy and run them to bring direct PnL impact.
- You will write code to simulate, backtest and develop new hedging strategies
- In the course of your work, you will closely collaborate with a team of product managers, engineers, analysts, data scientists and operations specialists to further optimise and automate the Treasury product.
- Your average day will include building new models, solving decision making problems, maintaining production models, evaluating new ideas, putting out fires etc.. (there are no average days)
A bit about you:
- You have a solid knowledge of Python, and experience with development, maintenance and deployment of production-grade machine learning models
- You have experience working with a range of machine learning model types, and know when and why to use gradient boosting, neural networks, good old regression, or a blend of these
- You are data-driven with a structured and pedantic approach. You need to be able to independently prioritise the value you can add, and manage your time effectively
- You see a bigger picture of business processes and can interview all the stakeholders and cut through vagueness to define precisely where and how a model would fit into our stack and what value it would add
- You always seek optimal solutions but also understand the trade-off between quality and practicality
- You are a good storyteller and are comfortable with visualising and communicating data to various audiences; you easily articulate and present your ideas.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- You are familiar with finance, trading or accounting terminology so that it’s easier for you to understand, evaluate and explain implications of product decisions in Treasury.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Scientist - Defence and National SecurityBayesian Caffe Engineering Machine Learning Matlab NLP NumPy Pandas Python PyTorch +6
Career development Conferences Flex hours Health care Unlimited paid time off +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs