Data Scientist (Fraud Prevention)
If you have fallen and risen, if you have broken and fixed, if you have dreamt and built, then you have grit. Then we speak the same language.
Welcome to the Wolfpack.
About Cloudwalk:Here at Cloudwalk, we work hard to build the best products, including different payment methods while using innovative technologies, to empower our more than 300.000 customers. Our main initiative is called InfinitePay, which is the fastest growing payments acquirer in Latam.
We hustle and celebrate as we change the market landscape and raise the bar in payments processing. We are making it cheaper and faster to receive payments and thus help to maximize small businesses' growth. Our technology has already processed more than US$3 BI and it´s just the beginning.
We build and learn, fast, and we want the hackers, the artists, the crafters - join the Wolfpack!
You will be working in the risk team along with great engineers, risk analysts and data scientists as yourself. We are responsible for building the defense layers that keep Cloudwalk, its merchants, and users safe. We keep our ecosystem healthy by tracking down malicious activity and maintaining regulatory compliance, while providing the best user experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll have access to tons of data, but you'll also be cursed with tons of noise. Most humans are good and amazing, so every bad behavior is hidden behind a swarm of good behavior. To identify the baddies, you will need to look for clues as to what is going on, to look for patterns, to ask intelligent questions and look for answers, to deal with uncertainty, to find the story behind the data, to turn the data into information. You'll need to be a detective.
- You will create new ML models and techniques and expand on the ones we have in production.
- You will have the chance to experiment. Do you think that the hot new model from a newly published paper can be applied to some of our data? Let's try it! Do you think the atmospheric pressure, the migration pattern of birds or the number of capybaras living on the border of the Pinheiros river are good predictors of credit card fraud? Let's investigate the data! Do you think there's a different perspective to look at a certain problem that could solve it better or complement our current approach? Let's put that to the test!
- You might have taken a bunch of courses and learned all about NNs, CNNs, RNNs, SVMs, CARTs, RFs, LDA, QDA, XGB, BERT and all that nice stuff. Those are all techniques to learn a mapping from X to Y. Here, you will also have to think long and hard about what X you'll be mapping to what Y.
- If you never allow yourself to fail, you will never allow yourself to take risks. The next big breakthrough will not come from someone who's playing it safe. Here, you'll be expected to experiment and you'll be allowed to fail, as long as you learn something. Over 99% of all species that ever existed on Earth are now extinct. But the remaining 1% would not have succeeded without them.
- Not going to lie. Sometimes you will have to do things you might not particularly enjoy. There will be times when we'll be at war, when we'll be together in the trenches, fighting the enemy, shoulder to shoulder, doing whatever needs to be done.
- As a member of a fully remote and distributed team, you are expected to complete tasks autonomously, being highly collaborative and self-driven.
What You Need To Succeed:
- You must understand what machine learning is and what it’s not, and be able to identify and implement potential applications.
- You must be able to go through large amounts of data and identify useful patterns and relationships.
- You must be comfortable with programming. You’ll be doing most of your work in Python and SQL, but we believe that coding is mostly about problem solving and that programming skills are highly transferable between languages.
- You must be able to communicate and debate in English. We’re proud to be a global team with members spread all over the world.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the financial or payments industry
- Experience with Cloud platforms like GCP
- You are comfortable reading and discussing research papers and coming up with potential applications to our problems.
Recruiting process outline:
- Our selection method is simple but hard. If you pass, you are definitely smart.
- 1) Online technical assessment
- 2) Technical interview
- 3) Cultural interviews
If you are not willing to do an online quiz, do not apply.
We are not expecting candidates to have expertise across all of these areas. We will gladly help you bridge the gaps.As a member of a fully remote and distributed team, you are expected to complete tasks autonomously, being highly collaborative and self-driven.
Diversity and InclusionWe believe in social inclusion, respect, and appreciation of all people. We promote a welcoming work environment, where each CloudWalker can be authentic, regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexuality, mobility, disability, or education.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist, Argentina (Remote)Economics Engineering Machine Learning Python Research Statistics Unstructured data
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Senior Data ScientistBanking Data analysis Data Analytics Engineering Finance FinTech Machine Learning Python Research SQL +2
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs