Data Scientist, Align Area, Product
New York City
Are you passionate about solving problems about how teams operate and stay on track to succeed in their goals? We are looking for a collaborative Data Scientist to join our Data Science team in NYC.
In this role, you will be the Data Scientist responsible for working on some of the most critical features in Asana, including Universal Reporting, Status Updates, Project Dashboards and Workload. You will partner with the product team focused on helping the world’s teams gain insight into their work by enabling them to drill down into their progress towards goals, and either stay on track or figure out how to get back on track, and communicate their progress to stakeholders. You will help them achieve their vision by working with product, engineering, design, user experience research and product marketing to make sure we are asking (and answering) the right questions and building the highest impact features.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating high-level questions like “How do the most successful teams using Asana set up their Reporting?”
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to make decisions on what effective reporting and project progress monitoring looks like under different use cases.
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable.
- Solving users’ progress and status reporting problems through data intelligent products via Machine Learning models.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Strong ability in managing stakeholders, communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories.
- Experience in scoping and planning projects with stakeholders, and driving technical execution.
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Familiar with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning (e.g. clustering, classifiers, neural networks)
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Workplace Health and Safety Data Scientist, Safety SentimentAgile AWS Data visualization EC2 Engineering Lambda Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist - AlgorithmsA/B testing Airflow Computer Vision Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Machine Learning ML Model training +9
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs