Senior Data Engineer, Amazon Fashion
Seattle, Washington, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Amazon Fashion Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and strategic Data Engineer. In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets, passionate to work on real time streaming, search analytics and be someone who loves to bring data together and work on innovative Data Engineering solutions to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights through collaboration with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) and Data Scientists. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of data engineering solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and be able to collaborate with BIEs and Data Scientists to analyze data that will answer those questions. You should have a solid understanding of how to build efficient and scalable data infrastructure and data models, and the desire to learn and implement Elastic MapReduce (EMR)-based solutions where appropriate.
- Owning the design, operations and improvements for the Organizations Datawarehouse infrastructure
- Engineering solutions to aggregate and automate large scale data flows from varying sources
- Collaborate with Engineers and Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for algorithms and machine learning models
- Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Build real time streaming from internal and external sources to provide insights to the business
- Build, analyze and present actionable data to drive marketing business development and product management decisions
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML or similar solutions built around Hive/Spark etc.
- Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and business backgrounds.
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark etc.)
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Proficiency in Python or other similar languages.
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of Advanced Statistics and implementing ML models.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strateg
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Strong business acumen, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Tags: Agile AWS Big Data Business Intelligence Data Warehousing Distributed Systems Economics Engineering ETL Hadoop Machine Learning ML ML models Python Redshift Spark SQL Statistics Streaming Testing
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs