San Francisco, CA
Turo is the world's largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Whether you're flying in from afar or looking for a car down the street, searching for a rugged truck or something smooth and swanky, guests can take the wheel of the perfect car for any occasion, while hosts can take the wheel of their futures by building an accessible, flexible, and scalable car sharing business from the ground up.
Data is our fuel at Turo. It is ever-more abundant and valuable, but it's raw material. Harnessed by data scientists and machine learning engineers, it propels Turo on its mission to put the world’s 1.5+ billion cars to better use, delighting our customers with matching the right car for their next adventure from an exceptionally diverse selection, and at the same time helping our marketplace remain safe.
At Turo, you will have the opportunity to use the latest technologies to build robust scalable solutions for collecting, analyzing large data sets, creating and maintaining data pipelines, data structures and reports. In this role, you’ll partner closely with software engineers, data analysts, and data scientists to power analytical data products, experimentation, and machine learning models.
Learn more about our Engineering team here: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/engineering-at-turo
- On a daily basis, you will work with members of the team to update our data engineering roadmap and execute upon those initiatives
- Build new technology stack for highly scalable and available data pipelines used by Turo Product, Engineering, Data Scientists, Marketing, Customer Operations, and Finance teams
- Design canonical data models for various business domains. Formulate a vision to connect all data in the Turo ecosystem
- Develop, deploy and maintain workflow management tools such as Airflow, Jenkins etc in cloud environments.
- Develop, deploy and maintain streaming solutions such as Apache Spark streaming, Kafka and Apache Flink in cloud environments.
- Using cloud technology such as AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Redshift, EMR
- Improve the efficiency of the team through mentoring of junior engineers.
- Data security automation
- Data microservices development
- Past experience building ETL processes
- Strong programmer who views their code as a craft
- Experience with a workflow manager — Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with data tools in the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Able to understand technical details and communicate with other engineers, as well as communicating with less technical members from other teams.
- Enjoys mentoring & teaching other engineers
- Familiar with Spark or other big data processing framework is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Senior Data Engineer, AWS Marketplace InsightsAWS Big Data Data pipelines Engineering ETL Kinesis Python Redshift Ruby SQL +1
Career development Flex hours Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs