Senior AI Engineer
New York, NY
About The Role:Data Science at Bowery means building production-facing data products which automate the agricultural and operational functions in our network of indoor vertical farms. The Data & AI function at Bowery is central to the vision of the company as well as its day to day operation. You’ll work with our team of data scientists and analysts as well as agricultural scientists and supply chain managers who bring domain expertise to our data-driven solutions.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll use machine learning and computer vision to help us understand our crops, farms, and to efficiently direct human attention in our farms.
- You'll combine agricultural considerations with production demands to maximize plant growth and fulfillment probability.
- You’ll create innovative quantitative solutions and advance the state of indoor farming alongside mechanical engineers, agricultural scientists, and the farm operations team.
- You'll analyze historical data related to crop growth and environmental characteristics to forecast yields for future harvests and uncover insights about ways conditions can be optimized.
- You'll help shape the way our data science team does work - researching and making key decisions about what we build, how we build it, and which tools are best for solving our problems.
- You'll work alongside software engineers to implement data processing and visualization systems that make data readily available and simplify how insights are communicated.
- You won’t target ads, optimize signup funnels, or recommend anything for anyone to click on.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong mathematical background in probability, statistics, and optimization algorithms.
- You’ve got experience deploying machine learning models to production to make real decisions, then measuring the impact of these decisions.
- You've worked with cross-functional stakeholders to implement or maintain a ML platform to serve business needs
- You are fluent in Python and enjoy building software the team can depend on.
- You are proficient with SQL and can work “full stack” to integrate solutions with our data ecosystem.
- You are energized by translating business, operations, and agricultural questions into data science problems, solving those problems, and interpreting the output back into clear outcomes.
- You are confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential.
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators.
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm.
- We are excited to hear from you!
We celebrate unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that enrich the workplace. Join us in creating an inclusive work environment that is free of bias and discrimination, where everyone can be their authentic self. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life and underrepresented backgrounds to apply and join the Bowery Farming team. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs