Senior Autonomy Systems Engineer, Perception/Vision
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
MotionalMotional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
We’re seeking highly motivated candidates to join our Autonomy Systems team at Motional, to help us tackle some of the most challenging technical problems facing the autonomous driving industry. You will help us improve the robustness, performance, comfort, and safety of our driverless vehicle.
About the role:
Perception autonomy systems engineers use systematic analysis and empirical methods to understand perception performance, and its impact on the performance and safety of the driverless vehicle. We develop metrics and requirements that guide the vehicle stack improvements, debugging, testing, and validation.
What you will work on:
- As a vision-focused autonomy perception systems engineer, you will develop methods, metrics, and tests to improve the performance of onboard and offboard perception pipelines.
Specifically, you will collaborate with ML experts, and work across teams to
- develop metrics for evaluating camera image quality specifically for ML model performance
- analyze drive logs, and test data to evaluate and verify camera image quality ,and characterize the relationships between sensor placement, camera performance, perception performance, and vehicle performance, to guide camera selection and perception algorithm improvement.
- Develop, execute, and/or analyze tests to demonstrate perception vision pipeline capability in difficult scenarios
- You will propose and analyze tradeoffs between potential solutions, and derive requirements that enable our driverless vehicle to meet its performance, comfort, and safety goals.
- You will become comfortable with our development tool chain to perform hands-on analyses to identify issues and/or weaknesses in our system and recommend potential solutions. If interested, you will take part in implementing those solutions.
- You will write reusable, high quality, data analysis software or models to enable accurate, efficient, and scalable analysis and data driven decisions.
- You will articulate decisions and their rationales with clarity, to drive cross system alignments and/or cross team implementations.
- To ensure streamlined development and system integration of our vehicle software, you will uphold a high standard of clear perception architecture documentation through clear representations of critical elements of the system architecture and definitions of signal interfaces, and effective cross team communications.
Minimum requirement on Education and experience
- MS in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, physics, or a related field with 3 years of experience in owning the technical responsibility over a complex system preferably a perception subsystem
- Or BS in Engineering with 5 years of experience in owning the technical responsibility over a complex system preferably a perception sub-system.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills; effective in engaging cross teams for problem solving.
- Proficient in python, or C, C++, or Matlab,
- Familiar with ML algorithm concepts
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Machine Learning or a related field
- Experience with camera, image processing, computer vision, or perception systems with different sensing modalities.
- Industry research or production experience
- Experience in high performance computing systems
- Experience with UML, simulation tools, SQL
- Experience with professional software development
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs