Product Manager - Autonomous Driving System Maintenance and Care Tools (Remote)
Austin, TX; Albuquerque, NM; Blacksburg, VA; Remote - US, Stuttgart, DEU
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for professionals with combined technical and business experience to identify and define services for an efficient and seamless Maintenance and Care Product for our Autonomous Driving System. Our customers use our product in their daily business activities and every delay directly impacts on their efficiency. Therefore, we aim to provide a worry- and hassle-free toolset through which the maintenance and care of our Software product can be managed. You will own this product, the respective roadmap and drive it to be a a solution our customers enjoy working with. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead in developing a shared product vision, and roadmap in close collaboration with product managers, product owner's technical domain experts and set Torc's vision and direction for the Maintenance and Care product.
- Act as a liaison between the engineering team and relevant stakeholders. Gather user requirements, build product requirements, and communicate to engineering and other stakeholders at all levels of planning and execution.
- Be the face of Torc to the customer and the customer to Torc, research requests, work to understand and prioritize feature request, and set expectations around budget, scope, and timeline of delivery.
- Translate customer and other stakeholder needs to product requirements.
- Develop and improve processes and documentation to ensure cross-functional alignment between teams and projects. Lead the process rollout and iterative cycle for continuous improvement.
- Participate in regular planning exercises to drive product priorities across the company. Keep roadmaps, backlogs, and other planning artifacts continuously up to date.
- Analyze and understand technical constraints and tradeoffs by collaborating with engineering to inform product roadmaps and backlogs. Select path forward, if necessary, with input from stakeholders as needed.
- Define, analyze, communicate, and continuously update key product metrics to ensure priorities remain up to date.
- Lead demos and continuously assess metrics to gain visibility into feature execution. Remove impediments to feature completion and business value add.
- Own your sub-product’s business case. Collaborate with Finance on financial planning and strategy. Analyze and understand budget, shortfalls, and costs to maintain ROI and the financial constraints. Communicate financial related issues to senior management as soon as possible.
- Drive customer-focused development across Torc and lead the business to embracing customer-centric work culture.
This is either an on-site or remote opportunity.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of progressive experience with automotive, logistics, logistics or transportation software products, diagnostics solutions, software maintenance or other relevant industry experience.
- Experience in product or strategic management experience in a technical or related program.
- Experience working with technical teams and leading others through detailed processes and results driven strategies.
- Experience in defining and implementing processes as well as process roll-out.
- Systems Thinker with strong problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose process design gaps or transactional activities and consult with process owners to recommend solutions aligned with the business.
- Openness to work in different time zones and travel.
- Experience developing large-scale web applications for customer use.
- Understanding of current web and cloud technologies.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Understanding of metrics collection and data analytics as well as test automation principles and design.
- Hands-on experience in cloud or robotics development.
- Hands on experience as a Dispatcher, Driver Manager, Air Traffic Controller, Technician etc.
- Experience in the interface between engineers, lawyers, and company owners and representatives.
- Familiar with Agile principles with Scaled Agile experience preferred.
- Familiar with autonomous vehicle industry standards (ISO 26262, AVSC, NHTSA etc.).
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
Other jobs like this
Data Science Manager, Machine Learning & Causal InferenceCausal inference Engineering Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling Python R SQL Testing
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +5
Staff Autonomy Software Engineer - Behavior & PlanningAgile Autonomous Driving Engineering Linux PhD Probability theory R Robotics Statistics Testing
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care +2
Staff Product Data AnalystAirflow Data Analytics Data Warehousing Engineering Looker Machine Learning Python R Snowflake SQL +3
Career development Competitive pay Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs