India - Remote
Overview of 66degrees
66degrees is a leading Google Cloud Premier Partner. We believe that great engineering takes heart. Focusing exclusively on Google Cloud, we guide our clients on their digital transformation journey to deliver the most innovative and disruptive projects in the industry.
Overview of Role
66degrees is looking for smart, energetic, and personable technology business professionals for a Data Engineer position. We are looking for someone with a broad range of skill sets with 2-4 years of relevant experience.
As a Cloud Data Engineer you will be a part of data management and engineering projects within GCP environments, including migrating, analyzing, and managing data structures within GCP. Assist in the design, definition, development, and testing of GCP data solution components. Capable of quickly adapting and building plans around migrating data from legacy applications. Work closely with the GCP Security Team and other SME roles to ensure datastores are protected. Liaise between clients and developers to ensure that all data requirements are met.
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork and love solving problems. We are looking for the right fit with our rapidly growing organization and will invest in training.
This position is 100% remote and will work closely with our teams in the US and India.
A 66degrees Data Engineer responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- As a Data Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze, and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform
- Work with technical and business leads to transfer global business requirements into sound solutions and implementation
- Lead data management within a GCP environment, including migrating, analyzing, and managing data structures within GCP
- Work with data scientists and software engineers to support data acquisition activities, data solution ideation, and implementation
- Share support responsibilities for implemented components
- Provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders around the data transformation effort
- Capable of quickly adapting and building plans around migrating data from legacy applications
- Work closely with the GCP Security Engineer and SME role to ensure datastores are protected
- Liaise between clients and developers to ensure that all data requirements are met
- 5+ years of experience with data engineering, cloud architecture, or working with data infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with working within Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or a platform including Azure or AWS
- Experience with the primary managed data services within GCP, including Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL, or BigQuery
- Experience with relational databases
- BA or BS degree
- Experience in migrating legacy databases and applications
Nice to Have
- Google Cloud Data Engineer certification
We prioritize competitive learning and growth opportunities within the company, and always have our teams touching, building, and introducing the latest technology.
Investing in you with programs tailored to meet individual needs is a top priority. These include expert learning modules, customized career paths, upskilling and speaking opportunities, a compassionate and holistic culture, and competitive compensation and benefits.
66degrees has over a decade of experience as a top Google Cloud Premier Partner and some of the best engineers in the industry. We bring world-class expertise and a bold ‘build, innovate, optimize’ approach to every project.
We offer a clear and rewarding career path. Whether you want to be a deep technical expert, manage the delivery of projects, or grow your skills in leadership – we’ll get you there.
Our career framework focuses on technical expertise, industry roles, and training. You’ll get to innovate with seasoned leaders in an environment that prioritizes mentoring, skill-building, and ongoing career development.
We are collaborative, compassionate, and creative. With experts around the globe — and offices in the USA, Costa Rica, and India — our impact is unmatched.
We value diversity, autonomy, and growth throughout the company. Our remote, holistic work culture fosters this. We use high-level collaboration tools, promote open source contributions, and host innovation days. Community relationships are cultivated throughout the company with monthly virtual meetups, happy hours, and daily camera-on meetings.
We invest in you, your family, and your community to ensure you are supported throughout your career.
Come build the future with us on Google Cloud.
Let’s Get You Here.
66degrees is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status or other legally protected class
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Senior Data Engineer (Data Warehouse & Pipelines)Airflow BigQuery Crypto Dagster Databricks Data pipelines Data visualization Engineering FiveTran Redshift +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +9
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs