Analytics Engineer, Customer Success
US - Distributed
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to individuals based outside of the United States, subject to the dbt Labs’s internal approval process and ability to employ in jurisdictions outside the United States. dbt Labs currently has operations in the UK, Ireland, Australia and Germany
In this role, you can expect to...
- Work directly with our VP of Customer Success, our Customer Success Strategy Manager, and the CS org. Tangentially, you will also work with our Sales and Revenue team.
- Apply existing dbt Labs best practices to our internal project while shaping future best practices. As the makers of dbt, dbt Labs is a leader in how companies use data. We're a data company, and we intend to be best-in-class at Customer Success analytics.
- Play a vital role in building the infrastructure for identifying strategic data opportunities for the business by highlighting / investigating areas of opportunity for our customer experiences
- Pioneer the path for Customer Success analytics and its rising importance in the Data x SaaS industry
- Contribute learnings back to the dbt community (via writing about the work you do, presenting on panels for dbt Community meetups, etc)
You are a good fit if you...
- Have worked in dbt for 1+ year(s)! This means you consider yourself well-versed in dbt modeling and understand how to build modular, performant models
- Have 2+ years experience as a data analyst, data engineer, or analytics engineer at a SaaS company
- Have 1+ years experience working a Customer Success x Revenue role or you’re well-versed in customer support datasets (e.g. Zendesk, Intercom, etc), product analytics, applying both to Salesforce data, and understand how this all plays into the bigger picture of defining customer success
- Are proficient in writing analytical SQL and understand the difference between SQL that works, and performant SQL
- Have strategic thinking skills – seeing the big picture, clarifying strategic objectives, identifying relations, patterns and trends, thinking creatively, and analyzing information
- Have experience using the command line and git
- Have a solid understanding of data warehouses, business intelligence tools, data activation tools, and the Modern Data Stack
- Can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics while leading with empathy for your stakeholders
- Are passionate about building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $135k - $170k
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package.
What to expect in your first 90 days
- Lead the charge for defining Customer Health - This involves developing a uniform definition and measurement of what a healthy customer looks like. It involves modeling Zendesk ticketing, product/feature usage, and applying them to our existing customers. In the end, this will serve our Sales teams for leading their calls with existing enterprise customers and ensuring our self-service customers are being equally served.
- Developing our Customer Onboarding flows - This will include looking at our enterprise customer lifecycle phases (setup, onboarding, utilization, and renewal) and translating them to an onboarding funnel.
- Assist in building infrastructure work for the Customer Success teams’ OKRs
What to expect in the hiring process
- Initial phone screen with Talent Acquisition Partner (30 minute Zoom call)
- Phone screen with our Head of Data (30 minute Zoom call)
- After that we’ll ask you to complete a project that will take about 3 hours. The goal of this is to see how you approve dbt modeling
- Project review with two analytics engineers (30 minute Zoom call)
- Final round interview with: VP of Customer Success (30min - conversation on your experience working on Customer Success projects and stakeholders), Customer Success Strategy Manager (45min - whiteboarding session)
- Value fit: Conversation with a member of our Leadership Team for 45-minutes
Questions asked on Application
- Why is dbt Labs and this role appealing to you?
- How familiar are you with dbt? If they have dbt experience, what is your favorite dbt feature?
- Tell us about a Customer Success analysis you have worked on that you are really proud of.
Specifically, we believe that:- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs