Cloud Data Architect
Remote - Canada - EST
What will you be doing?
- Lead architecture, design and development of end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on application and data and good understanding of infrastructure
- Act as a architectural lead within a small team of globally dispersed Cloud Data Consultants, supporting the team in overcoming challenges by helping to remove roadblocks and developing options and solutions
- Work with other Architects and the cloud Squad Leaders to ensure sound dev, test and QA practices
- Work with PMs and other Architects to prioritize, assign and communicate work to team members
- Ensure that the solution design is followed
- Periodic travel to client sites for face to face meetings and presentations
- Interface with Pythian’s clients, directly, regularly to exchange feedback on the implementation, business needs, and over all products(s)
- Conducting technical audits of existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Developing data security as a function of design as well as Scalability and more)
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning.
- Documenting best practices and recommendations
- Developing application data architecture models to further enable effective service oriented delivery (3NF, Denormalized, Entity/Relationship, Dimensional etc)
- Working with both internal and client development teams directly to help engineers to build highly available, more manageable cloud platforms.
What do we need from you?
- This is a “wish list” and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and contribute to the Team and Customers needs and grow with Pythian. While we realise you might not have everything to be the successful candidate for the Cloud Architect job you will likely have skills such as;
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies & concepts from Google, Amazon or Microsoft and/or (cloud & Conventional RDBMS), BigQuery, Redshift, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake etc.
- Strong knowledge of cloud batch and stream processing architectures.
- Good experience with enterprise scale data modeling
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- Data quality process experience including data cleansing, audits and alerts, triage mechanisms & processes and referential integrity
- Be fluent in a couple of object oriented language, preferably Java and Python, familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / cloud or Microsoft Azure Architect
- Experience or interest in people management, in a “player-coach” style of leadership longer term would be great.
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Disclaimer For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.No recruitment agencies
Other jobs like this
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Director, Data Engineering and ArchitectureBlockchain Business Intelligence Data pipelines Engineering ETL Excel Security UX
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Senior Data ArchitectAWS Data analysis Data Warehousing Engineering ETL Finance FiveTran Git Looker Open Source +6
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Medical leave +5
Solutions Architect, Data ScienceAWS Azure Databricks Data pipelines DataRobot Engineering ETL Excel Feature engineering GCP +13
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +4
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs