Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
San Francisco, Remote
PicnicHealthWe collect all your medical records in a secure, digital timeline. And we empower you to be part of something bigger by contributing to research, anonymously.
Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep real-world datasets fueling cutting-edge research while giving patients control of their own medical record data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights — across dozens of diseases — to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We do this by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impacts their lives.
We’re excited to announce $60 million in funding in a Series C led by B Capital Group. Our existing investors Felicis Ventures and Amplify Partners also joined the round, bringing the total we have raised to more than $100 million.
And we are just getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
Data underpins all of PicnicHealth’s products and operations. PicnicHealth builds a number of applications that allow us to engage with patients, retrieve and label medical records, generate high quality datasets tailored to research partners, and do the analytics needed to make all of these pieces work together. In order to scale, large volumes of data must move quickly and reliably between data sources and the applications that consume it. The Data Infrastructure team’s goals focus on building the architecture, systems, and tools that make this possible.
This is a growing team that sits at the core of PicnicHealth’s business and technical needs. As a team member, you’ll work closely with product engineers, data analysts, clinical researchers, and the teams responsible for delivering datasets to life sciences research partners. Your contributions will include designing the architecture of our data infrastructure, building those systems, implementing the data models that we use to capture clinical data, and ensuring that all systems are working smoothly. This team’s primary tech stack includes dbt, Python, Postgres, BigQuery, Airflow, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, ElasticSearch, Hasura GraphQL, Metabase.
As a Software Engineer in the Data Infrastructure team, you will:
- Build infrastructure to unify disparate data sources into an efficient, scalable data lake
- Create and maintain data warehouses to support business operations and clinical research
- Build data models and flows to support analysts modeling business processes
- Implement systems that closely guard and control access to our most sensitive patient data
- Work at many levels of the stack — Python services, database (PostgreSQL, BigQuery), infrastructure (GCP, Kubernetes), orchestration (Airflow) – to reliably serve data to users throughout the company
You are a great fit if you:
- Have a BS in Computer Science, related field or relevant experience
- Have 3+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
- Write clear, concise, readable code
- Have experience supporting dataset generation and analytics at scale in production
- Have a user and security-first mindset to designing cloud systems
- Have a desire to expand a world-class infrastructure team by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future team members during this exciting time of growth
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We offer a hybrid set up for our team: team members in the Bay Area can work from the SF office on a flexible schedule; remote team members are expected to travel to in-person meetings 4-6 times a year.
]You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
We require proof of vaccination for COVID-19, except those with medical or religious exemptions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Manager, Machine Learning EngineeringDeep Learning Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML NLP Python PyTorch Research TensorFlow +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Parental leave Wellness
Machine Learning Engineer IAirflow Deep Learning Machine Learning ML Python Scala Spark Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +6
Director, Data Engineering and ArchitectureBlockchain Business Intelligence Data pipelines Engineering ETL Excel Security UX
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs