Research Engineer, Scalable Deep Learning
Mountain View, California, US
DeepMindArtificial intelligence could be one of humanity’s most useful inventions. We research and build safe artificial intelligence systems. We're committed to solving intelligence, to advance science and benefit humanity.
Applications will close at 6pm BST on Friday 19th August and will be reviewed shortly thereafter.
At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
At DeepMind, we've built a unique culture and work environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our special interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence, and we have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years!
We’re a dedicated scientific community, committed to “solving intelligence” and ensuring our technology is used for widespread public benefit.
We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged and learning is shared freely. We don’t set limits based on what others think is possible or impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire each other to push boundaries and achieve ambitious goals.
We constantly iterate on our workplace experience with the goal of ensuring it encourages a balanced life. From excellent office facilities through to extensive manager support, we strive to support our people and their needs as effectively as possible
The Scalable Deep Learning team develops architectures and methods that reliably benefit from increases in data, model size and computational resources. We combine new architectures, theoretical insights and world-class engineering to expand the capabilities of DeepMind's large-scale models.
Research Engineers at DeepMind apply their research and engineering skills to accelerate our research progress through prototypes, scaling up algorithms, overcoming technical obstacles, and designing, running, and analysing experiments.
Working in a collaborative environment that fosters learning and development, you will contribute to DeepMind's efforts that develop large-scale deep learning models. Over time you'll continue to deepen and broaden your knowledge on a range of research and engineering topics in large-scale deep learning.
- Design, implement and evaluate scalable deep learning methods.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Collaborate with the team to meet ambitious research goals
- Experience writing code in Python.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject (e.g. machine learning, AI, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.), or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves :
- Experience writing code in C++.
- Knowledge of ML/scientific libraries such as TensorFlow, JAX, PyTorch, NumPy and Pandas.
- Machine learning experience in industry, academia and personal projects, whether in computer science or other fields such as physics, computational biology, or mathematics.
- Experience implementing or using distributed systems, for example databases, highly available web APIs, large-scale deep learning training setups, etc.
Other jobs like this
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Visual SafetyComputer Vision Engineering Machine Learning Python PyTorch Statistics TensorFlow
Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Data Architect (Senior Staff Software Developer, Data - Remote)Agile Business Intelligence Data analysis Data strategy Engineering Kafka KPIs Looker Microservices Python +5
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Parental leave +2
Software Engineer II, AI ResearchComputer Vision Deep Learning Docker Engineering Google Cloud Machine Learning Microservices ML Open Source Python +6
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs