Graduate Data Scientist | 6m Fixed-term
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
We are on a mission to connect creators and consumers around the world. We believe in the magic of content and the impact it has on peoples life.
At Parrot Analytics, we deliver the world’s leading content demand analytics built on the largest demand database to bring the science to the art of content. Rapidly establishing itself as one of the most innovative companies in Hollywood, our products are helping drive a new era in the entertainment industry as we are empowering our clients to make the most powerful data-driven decisions every day.
We are a data science company that empowers media companies, brands and agencies (think Google, Amazon, Facebook, Disney, HBO, Netflix, Lego, Apple) to understand global audience demand for content. Wielding the world’s largest audience behaviour data sets, we have developed the world’s only global cross-platform, country-specific Content Demand Measurement System.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented post graduate to join our data science team to support complex data analysis projects using standard modelling and data transformation approaches. This is a 6-month paid internship program, full time at our Auckland office.
You should be comfortable working with very large data sets residing in different data stores in disparate formats and be strong with hands-on implementation, and data visualisation.
We are always on the look-out for great data-storyteller, passionate about product development, and knows how to use its knowledge to create value for our partners. You will have strong ownership of your project and will be working along side UI/UX designers, product manager and data engineers.
Please note: this job is being funded by Callaghan Innovation, and as such, you need to meet certain requirements before we can hire you. This opportunity is also subject to us getting the grant.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, including research, data collection, data preparation and exploring it for accuracy
- Application of statistical modelling and optimisation techniques most suited to solve business problem (using R, Python, SQL, and/or other relevant tools)
- Implement (and partly design) solutions for a defined data science related problem under the guidance of other experienced data scientists.
- Interpret outputs of statistical models and results to translate input from quantitative analyses into specific and actionable business recommendations and implications
- Providing detailed documentation of modelling techniques, methodologies, assumptions made and process steps
- Identify areas for further investigation as well as creating innovative methods of analysis
- Recently completed or in the final year of MSc/PhD in the field of Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related, in New Zealand.
- Expertise in one or more of the following domains is preferred: Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Natural Language Generation (NLG), Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Ability to write programs in data science friendly language (R/Python) to prototype and test analytical ideas
- Data visualisation skills/experience (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Strong probability theory and statistics knowledge and some of the main data science algorithms
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of fundamental Machine Learning algorithms and tool-sets
- Empathy for customers, teammates, and other stakeholders
- Effective communication skills who is able to listen intently and understand the needs of the business and can convert these into clear and easily understood specifications and are able to present this across the teams.
At Parrot, you will be in a role you love and work with people you will enjoy sharing life with. We are a diverse team from every corner of the world putting our best foot forward to live our values and master our strengths.
You will get the encouragement, support, flexibility and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career.
Here are some of our benefits:
- Flexible working - location and hours (remote first with office options)
- Opportunity to take part in the Employee Share Options Plan
- US$1K to spend on training/development every year
- Enhanced paid parental leave - 12 weeks for primary carer and 4 weeks for secondary carer
- Birthday leave
- Bi-annual salary reviews.
To explore other opportunities we have on offer and learn more about us, visit: https://parrot-analytics.workable.com/
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs