Faculty Data Science & Data Engineering Fellowship (Jan 2023)
London, England, United Kingdom
Artificial Intelligence is the most important technology of our age, but it is only valuable when it is applied in the real world - enhancing products, improving services, and saving lives. Since 2014, Faculty (formerly ASI Data Science) has helped over 390 PhD graduates, post-doctoral researchers, masters and experienced software engineers transition into a career in data science through our fellowship programme.
The Faculty fellowship programme helps academics and STEM post-graduates become highly-skilled data scientists and transition successfully into careers and industries that are ready to benefit from artificial intelligence. After two weeks of intensive lectures and workshops at Faculty, wherein fellows will learn how to apply their technical knowledge towards the application of data science, fellows are paired with project companies for a six-week data science project, during which fellows are paid the London Living Wage.
The finale of the fellowship is Demo Day. Fellows have the opportunity to present their hard work to an audience of over 100 guests. The event is a great chance to network with hiring managers and influential individuals from a wide range of businesses from London, the UK and Europe.
To make AI real, we help organisations work out what they could do with AI, and then help them to do it, and after completing the Faculty fellowship, our alumni have gone on to work for many leading companies; from tech giants like Google DeepMind, Amazon and Facebook, to the fastest growing startups like Deliveroo and Babylon Health, to established FTSE 100 companies such as Lloyds and easyJet.
You must have the right to work full time in the UK. The UK has left the EU. Visit www.gov.uk to find out more. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor this role, so please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK full time. If this is on a basis of a visa, please provide details of your visa with your application.
In general, successful candidates meet most of the requirements below:
- A finished PhD in a STEM subject or a Masters with some Machine Learning/Data Science experience.
- A high level of mathematical competence.
- The ability to code or have programming experience.
- Some experience with theoretical concepts of statistical learning (e.g. hypothesis testing, Bayesian Inference, Regression, SVM, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing, optimisation).
- Experience with some coding libraries frequently used in data science.
- The ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Experience composing and following a project plan/sticking to self-imposed deadlines/proactively solving your own problems.
--------- TIMELINES ----------
- Please submit your application by 21 October 2022, 5 pm GMT. Early submissions have a significant advantage as we have more time to review them.
- Regardless of the application outcome, you will be notified by the first week of November.
- We will interview candidates via Google Hangouts. Candidates will be notified about the interviews by email.
- The interviews will take place in November/beginning of December 2022.
- There will be a technical test as part of the selection process, you will be notified by email with the instructions.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email by 30 December 2022.
- The course starts on Monday 30 January 2023 and runs through to Friday 24 March 2023.
- You will need to be able to work in London for the duration of the course. Faculty does not provide accommodation.
Fellows are paid London Living Wage for four days a week for the duration of their six-week project, commencing after the initial two-week free training period. This means that you will receive £2,121 for the total period (based on the rates at the time of publishing this application). The two-weeks of training at the beginning of the fellowship is free of charge to you.
After the programme, the fellows are welcome to join our free online community where all the fellowship alumni discuss data science news, techniques, conferences and much more. Faculty provides career support to the graduated fellows - once you are part of our "professional family", we will be delighted to keep in touch and help you succeed in your data science career.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Data Science Engineer (m/f/d)AWS Big Data Data analysis Data Analytics Data Mining Engineering Hadoop Machine Learning Scala Spark +1
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Startup environment Team events
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs