Senior Data Scientist
AtlassianMillions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you have a passion for creating products and insights with data and do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ which changes the way a business thinks about their customers?
We’d love you to join us!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Product Data Science team. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to build data and analytics foundations that drive smarter product decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You’ll be part of Atlassian’s newly formed multi-discipline Point A organisation whose mission is to build the next generation of products to power the future of teamwork. Point A connects our early adopters to our product teams so we can build the tools together!
In this role you'll get to:
- Collaborate with product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analysis and align analytics & data science priorities with the company strategy and product roadmap
- Design targeted explorations of our seriously big data, in order to understand trends, find opportunities, and make recommendations to improve user journeys and customer value
- Drive the measurement culture and understand the impact our product strategy
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience applying your analytics skills to projects which have had a positive impact to company level business and product decisions
- An agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality, balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Strong ability to communicate and influence; create compelling insights, explaining data science concepts to diverse audiences, and building decision confidence by sharing expertise of facts and uncertainties
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau)
- 5+ years of experience in using statistics as part of your role (e.g. regressions, A/B tests, forecasting)
It's a bonus, but not required, if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in customer or product analytics, particularly in delivering outputs which can be used to advance analytics projects across an organisation
- 5+ years of experiencein building ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Research Scientist, Computer VisionClassification Computer Vision Deep Learning Engineering Excel Machine Learning Python PyTorch Research Scala +2
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +7
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs