Sr Data Scientist Engineer
NielsenA global leader in audience insights, data and analytics, Nielsen shapes the future of media with accurate measurement of what people listen to and watch.
What is the role?Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Lead Data Scientist role in the Nielsen ONE Digital and Deduplication team provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation and pipeline development in the exciting and fast-changing world of media measurement. This is an ideal position to grow as a data professional by leading complex data analyses and building out scalable analytic capabilities across the team, while also developing subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
Who am I working with?The Nielsen ONE Digital and Deduplication team within the Data Science Global Media organization focuses on improving and enhancing Nielsen’s highly successful products in the marketplace for digital & TV advertising and content measurement. As part of this exciting team, this position will work closely with data scientists, data engineers, product managers, and others that are committed to building out and bringing to market new methodologies and data products that accurately estimate audience duplication across multiple screens (e.g. TV, PC, mobile, OTT).
Why do I want to work here?As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
What will I do?
- Create, maintain, and support various methodologies in production pipelines, including machine learning and other statistical methods.
- Act as a liaison with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test production pipelines.
- Lead pipeline prototyping and supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes.
- The primary areas include – but not limited to – data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization and working with different data sources.
- Design and implement robust Data Science workflows that solve for cross-platform audience estimation through cutting-edge methodologies
- Develop processes to maintain and enhance these methodologies throughout their lifecycle in client-facing products
- Stay up-to-date on industry changes to digital measurement (e.g. new devices and platforms, privacy law updates, changes in browser/app measurement, etc.) and critically assess how it would impact Nielsen measurement
Is this for me?
- The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a data science or data engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- Proficiency in at least 2 of: Python, SQL, Spark
- Experience building data pipelines, working with big data in cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Databricks) and/or Airflow management tools
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, Physics etc.)
- Experience productionalizing statistical models and/or machine learning on large, complex datasets
- Demonstrates experience in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Perks/benefits: Career development
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs