Data Software Engineer - PlayStation Plus
United States, San Francisco, CA
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Software Engineer - PlayStation Plus
San Francisco, CA
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), the Future Technology Group (FTG) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device!
As a Data Engineer on the FTG Data Engineering team you will play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for shaping, handling and redefining data on a large geographically distributed infrastructure for FTG.
You bring passion and expertise to continuously improve the value that our data platform provides to data producers and consumers across the organization, providing tooling, standard methodologies and state-of-the art technology to accredit data-driven decisions to the company.
Who are you?
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, always chasing for the latest innovative technology
- You have strong communication and documentation skills
- You strongly value ideas exchange and technical conversation with your colleagues, but you are able to work independently and remotely most of the time
- You prefer to have full accountability and decisional space on how to approach a problem, only working according to its vision and business objective
- You value contribution to the open-source community through blog posts and articles as well as source code and artifacts
- These values resonate to you: Innovation, Inclusion, Iteration, Customer-centricity, Utmost ownership, Collaboration, Results drive, Accepting failure, Work-life balance
What do you know?
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related quantitative field
- At least 2 years of experience with any JVM language such as Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of Web technologies including REST, JSON, gRPC, and WebSockets
- Familiarity with software development tools and processes like Git and CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- The following requirements are a plus:
- Experience with AWS stack
- Strong understanding of concepts such as concurrency, parallelism, and event driven architecture
- Skilled in designing microservices
- Experience or background in Machine Learning projects
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Consul, ElasticSearch, Kibana, and other CNCF technologies
- Experience on large data stream processing or batch processing technologies such as Apache Flink, Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop
- Knowledge of serializers across different formats (Avro, Protobuf)
- Skills related to handle a data lake on AWS (S3, Athena, Quicksight, Kinesis, Glue Services, Lambda / StepFunctions)
- Experience with Kubernetes
What will you do?
- Liaise with product domain teams to help them consume and produce data instantaneously
- Identify their needs and design distributed architectures to support their data products
- Build data structures to enable analysts to discover and communicate information
- Shape solutions to ensure the privacy and security of our players’ data
- Contribute in building a data catalog making wisdom accessible throughout the organization
- Implement, measure and coordinate reliability for the services you will provide
- Understand, recommend and improve ETL and ETL pipelines and help develop new pipelines with streaming frameworks
- Design complete or parts of data pipelines taking scale, performance, security, usability under consideration
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Tags: Apache Flink Athena Avro AWS Data pipelines Docker Elasticsearch Engineering ETL ETL pipelines Git GitLab Hadoop JSON Kafka Kibana Kinesis Kubernetes Lambda Machine Learning Microservices NoSQL Security Spark Streaming
Other jobs like this
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Senior Data EngineerAgile AWS Business Intelligence Data pipelines Data Warehousing Docker Engineering ETL Git Microservices +5
401(k) matching Career development Fitness / gym Health care Startup environment +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs