Senior BI Analyst
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
At RVU we combine the close-knit and agile environment of a startup, with the know-how, technology and backing of a well-established company.
Our mission is to empower people to make confident decisions. With our unique set of brands, including Uswitch, Confused.com, Money.co.uk and Mojo, we have the power to reach millions of consumers and the technology to deliver a world class online experience for them.
Mojo is an award winning online mortgage broker, delivering personalised mortgage recommendations through a hybrid of smart tech and human mortgage experts.
With mortgages being one of the remaining financial services to be digitalised, we’re on a mission to transform the market. Alongside RVU, we’ll own every part of the process and improve the customer experience from start to finish, empowering confident mortgage decisions for millions of mortgage seekers.
Analytics is integral to Mortgages’ ambitious growth aspirations, and we’ve barely scratched the surface. Initially your responsibilities will centre on Marketing and Operations (e.g. optimising our mortgage advisors and home buying experts) functions at Mojo. Both of which are instrumental to its overall success and yet are currently operating on limited insights and
reporting, so are hungry for more.
To begin with you’ll have support defining your workload, but the role is yours to define, and with the growth we are looking for at Mortgages should provide plenty of exciting opportunities for you to grow with it.
What you’ll be working on
You’ll join our ever-developing Manchester office in a highly visible role with significant impact on one of the most important and exciting areas of the business.
You’ll be in a hands-on analysis role but in a complex space which requires a lot of strategic thinking about big challenges and helping the team use data to drive our Operations and Marketing departments. You’ll work closely with data engineers to ensure our data assets are set up in a way that facilitates rapid but accurate data analysis and reporting.
You’ll use tools and databases including SQL (BigQuery), Tableau, dbt, Google Analytics [R, Python] to tackle important problems that we’re only just starting to understand, in order to:
● Build scalable, clear reporting that leads to actionable insights from our operations data
● Support the Marketing team’s AB testing
● Monitor, report and diagnose trends in KPIs, automating and creating dashboards
where this improves efficiency
● Explore customer data to derive new insights and recommendations for improved
segmentation and targeting
● Contribute to Mortgages’ analytics strategy
● Communicate and present clearly to colleagues across marketing, operations,
commercial, finance and product
● Support the growth of more junior analysts
● Improving data literacy across the Mortgages team
● A passion for and track record in using analytics to drive business impact
● Strong SQL Skills, ideally in reference to Google Big Query
● Experience in using analytical and data BI tooling such as Tableau [R, Python, Git, dbt - nice to haves but not essential]
● Adept at managing multiple projects and stakeholders with competing deadlines and priorities, ensuring the highest value work gets prioritised and accomplished in a proactive and timely manner
● Pragmatism; understands when analysis is good enough to finish. We’re working in a fast paced startup style environment so finding the most important insight in the quickest time is often important.
● Statistically literate, knowledge of some statistical testing or modelling techniques, in particular significance testing
● Being proactive is key. We’re looking for someone who’ll take initiative to help drive the team to the biggest insights.
● Marketing / CRM / Salesforce analytics experience would also be beneficial but we’re open to talented analysts from all areas
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid Working model with time both at home and in our We Work office in Manchester
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension via People's Pension
- Sick pay & sick pay insurance
- Wellness programme from Able Futures
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs