KAYAKKAYAK searches hundreds of other travel sites at once to find the information you need to make the right decisions on flights, hotels & rental cars.
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
"Love numbers" is one of KAYAK's core cultural values, and being the leading travel search engine worldwide means that we have a lot of numbers and data. Our marketing data science team uses that data to better enable KAYAK to share our product with travelers around the globe. We want to enable everyone to be confident in travel planning.
Our team's projects can draw from the following skills: assembling data sources from square one, parsing and cleaning data, mining for insights, building and improving models, crafting and running experiments, communicating results and giving recommendations to partners outside our team, and driving business decisions or technical changes to our product.
A sample of projects that our team at large works on include:
- Building predictive models used by our in-house bidding platform
- Building bidding / budgeting algorithms, and running experiments to analyze its impact
- Building reporting solutions to monitor performance metrics across marketing channels.
- Forecasting business KPIs, optimizing budget allocation across marketing channels
- Running experiments for impact and user journey analyses.
- On the cutting edge of marketing, we use NLP and image processing techniques to optimize ad creatives and landing pages.
We are looking for a “full-stack” data scientist with an emphasis on data analysis to join our team. An ideal candidate will take full ownership of driving analysis driven projects to gain insights from data while bringing stakeholders on board with evidence-based reasoning and compelling storytelling. They will draw insights from data, bring statistical rigor, and partner with product managers and other data scientists on the team to build/ maintain and improve our existing data driven models.
This position will be hybrid based in the Cambridge (US) office.
Please apply if:
- Masters or higher degree in statistics, data science, computer science, economics or any other quantitative field
- Experience with hypothesis testing, experimental design, sample size calculations, statistics and ability to draw conclusions giving sophisticated treatment to real-life data uncertainties
- Extensive experience with data manipulation, extraction using relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Ability to write scalable, maintainable code (we use Python) for drawing inference from data
- A storyteller's approach to analysis: not satisfied with only "what", but "why?", "how?", and "what next?"
- Desire to make business impact, loves problem solving and develops creative, tailored approaches
- Great communication skills- capable of bridging business and technology
- 2+ years of industry experience in a related role
- Natural Language Processing / Natural Language Understanding experience is a plus
- Online advertising / E-commerce / marketing domain experience is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.ai-jobs.net
Other jobs like this
Workplace Health and Safety Data Scientist, Safety SentimentAgile AWS Data visualization EC2 Engineering Lambda Machine Learning Predictive modeling Python Research +4
Research Scientist I, Consumer PaymentsAWS Big Data Data analysis Data Mining Engineering Industrial Machine Learning ML PhD Predictive modeling +5
Career development Competitive pay Relocation support Startup environment
Senior Data Scientist - AlgorithmsA/B testing Airflow Computer Vision Data Mining Deep Learning Engineering Feature engineering Machine Learning ML Model training +9
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity Flex hours +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs