Senior Data Science Analyst
The Position Here at TuneIn, we pride ourselves on data-driven decision-making, and the Data Science team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy. We’re looking for a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism to work on data analysis, experimentation, and modeling projects across multiple business units.
The Team The TuneIn Data Science team seeks to deeply understand our users’ listening experience on our service and to recommend and test improvements we might make to content offerings and user experience to continuously improve. We are responsible for understanding, validating, and documenting all of our data from raw messaging generated by users all the way through processed and aggregated data used by our senior executives to make fundamental decisions about our business.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement metrics representing the quality, value, and performance of our business for consumption across the company at all levels.
- Analyze product and business success metrics, monitoring and surfacing drivers of KPIs.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences and revenue generation.
- Synthesize and share how the TuneIn user experience is represented in our data in fine detail.
- Drill into data anomalies to understand and communicate the root cause of issues, while identifying areas where additional data would resolve ambiguities in our understanding.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and provide ongoing reports to inform our strategy going forward.
- Create reporting solutions (e.g. dashboards) for business leaders and team members, turning data into an actionable and compelling narrative with visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, tables) - including the design and development of data tables to support them.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of analytical work experience in business intelligence, analytics, or an equivalent analyst position.
- 3+ years experience in SQL; experience with Python a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools, and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, economics, or other similar disciplines.
- Someone who values the integrity of their work, sanity checks analyses before drawing conclusions and pays attention to the details of your data visualizations.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Team player who is an excellent communicator, collaborator, and quick learner.
- User data, subscription, or advertisement data experience is a plus.
- Experience with data-driven storytelling and data-driven insights.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams and influence others.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and experience managing complex projects.
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 80 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NFL, NHL, and college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
We Grow Our Team Utilizing Transparency and Trust
TuneIn is hiring for many amazing opportunities! We are always thrilled when people apply to our opportunities. Often, we reach out directly to candidates. TuneIn's Recruitment engagement means you'll get an email from the tunein.com domain. We do not use any other domains to conduct recruitment efforts. A member of our People Team will speak with you or will meet with you and we never use the Wire app to conduct interviews. We will also never send you messages asking you for personal or financial information. Use caution when the identity of someone contacting you cannot be linked directly to the tunein.com domain. If you've been the victim of a scam, report it to your local law enforcement. If you feel targeted by a fraudster or someone impersonating a TuneIn team member on LinkedIn, please contact LinkedIn directly here, or send us an email at email@example.com.
Other jobs like this
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs