Data Engineer, Content Finance Engineering
Los Gatos, California
Netflix is building out the largest entertainment studio in the world. Each year we’re creating more and more content people love all around the world. In 2020 alone, we’re spending over $12 billion on content. As part of the Content Finance Engineering team, we’re responsible for enabling the business to make smart decisions about how we account, spend, and plan for all of the money that’s related to our content. As the sole data engineer focused on Content Finance’s operational reports, you will have a huge ownership and responsibility for enabling the business’ critical decisions.
What describes you:
- Excellent at data and dimensional modeling
- Takes pride in the hygiene and quality of your code, tables, and pipelines
- Very strong in Java or Python
- Great Object Oriented Design skills
- Experience with Spark and distributed computing
- Have a track record of owning and building resilient ETLs
- A great communicator - both written and verbal
- A team player who selflessly helps others
- Love freedom and hate being micromanaged.
- Given context, you thrive finding creative and efficient solutions towards a common goal
In this role you’ll:
- Completely define, own, and maintain business-critical ETLs.
- Work closely with engineers and analysts to deeply understand data from the sources and elegantly model the data store appropriately
- Power some of the most important and insightful dashboards and insights for our finances
- Learn the ins-and-outs of our business and how Netflix manages money
- Understand and explain data ties together and relates to the rest of our ecosystem
- Design dimensional tables to enable analyst and drive critical business decisions in an efficient and scalable manner
Job tags: Engineering Finance Java Python Spark